Chapter 8

After my encounter with the devil, I went straight to Alonso's room, knowing that I would find him there – unlike Robin, who seems to vanish at night. When I ask him about his frequent disappearances, he would gaze into my eyes and say: "You're too young to know Sparkie," which annoys me very much. I mean; I'm nineteen, for heaven's sake! I'm an adult and will be turning twenty in a few months too, but it's always the same response.

I took a right turn and found myself in front of my destination. Knocking politely – and just to make sure that my innocent eyes stay innocent – I waited for Alonso to open the door. He finally opened it, dressed only in sweatpants and no shirt on. I tried not to look at his well-defined body and spoke.

"Hey, Alonso. I need to talk to you about something."

"Okay, come on in."

He moved to the side to give me space so I could walk in. His room looks clean and tidy, definitely not what I was expecting. I mean, Robin's room is something that I'd expect a guys' room to be like. No matter how many times the maid cleans his bedroom; he always finds a way to mess it up again.

"Sit here. I'm gonna go put a shirt on," he said, before disappearing inside the walls of his walk-in closet.

I made myself comfortable on the couch while I waited for him to come back. My eyelids became heavy and I was on the verge of sleep when Alonso finally came back.

"Sparkle, wake up." He softly shook me.

"What? I'm awake," I said, sitting up straight and rubbing my eyes.

"What's the matter? What do you wanna talk about?" he asked, handing me a refreshing glass of cold water.

"Ferro wants me to be his personal maid for a week," I complained, holding onto the empty cup now. He sighed and patted my head as if I were a child.

"Don't worry, I'll talk to him," he said, smiling gently at me.

"No, don't do that! He'll think I'm a weak person. I'm sure Robin told you what happened," I panicked. He nodded, silently answering my question. "I'm not a cry-baby," I announced, facing him completely.

"I know," he said with a small smile.

"But he doesn't," I frowned, "and what about my studies? He doesn't expect me to miss my classes now, does he?"

"You know what I think?" Alonso asked.

"What?"

"I think you should discuss this with him."

"Are you crazy?!" I shouted in horror. "He literally slammed me against the wall just minutes ago!"

"Okay, Sparkle. It's time you start locking your bedroom door," Alonso said with a serious tone.

"Like that's gonna stop him," I huffed.

"It's for your own protection. Not just from him, but from everybody who lives here." I sighed, knowing what he's saying is true.

He grabbed my shoulders in a tight hold and said in a dead voice, "We're not good men, Sparkle."

I was shocked. I haven't seen him like this before and it was terrifying. I just nodded; I couldn't say anything from the way he's looking at me.

"Just do what I told you to do and you'll be just fine."