Chapter 26- Late Night Visits

Start from the beginning

"You're worried, about Chloe, and what James might be up to." She answered.

"You know me so well Tikki." I smiled.

"Well, maybe just take your mind off it, for now. Stress isn't good for you, and I'm sure Chloe has it under control. Plus its family, so it'd be best not to get involved. You should call Adrien and talk to him, seemed like he wanted to spend more time with you the other day." She giggled.

"Good idea Tikki!" I picked up my phone from the desk, dialing Adrien's number. It rang a few times until he picked up.

"Hello?" He greeted.

"Hi, kitten." 

"Hey, Princess! How are you?"

"Could be better. How about you?"

"I'm okay. Did something happen at Chloe's?" He asked concernedly.  

"Well...sorta, kinda...yes."

"What? What happened?"

"....Please promise not to freak out."

"I'm pretty sure I won't..." He answered.

I sighed, "Just promise."

He chuckled, "Ok, ok I promise." 

"Chloe and I were having a conversation and then James randomly showed up. Also, I found out that they're cousins which is crazy. James kept threatening her and I think he was at the same time trying to sort of- kind of- flirting with me or something? I don't know, but he's gross and Chloe just seemed really uncomfortable around him and I want to make sure she's okay and I don't know if she's gonna be ok, because it seems like whatever James is using against her is pretty powerful, and- and- "

"Woah, woah woah- Mari, Princess, slow down. Take a breather."

I inhaled deeply, "I-I'm sorry, it's just a lot to wrap my head around, but, I'll try to tell you the most important parts, basically, James and Chloe are related-- cousins, to be exact, and James seems to have something big planned." I managed to provide him most of my experience.

"Chloe and James are related huh... I guess when you think about it, you can see the similarities between them. Besides that, he didn't hurt you did he?" He questioned worriedly.

"No, he didn't kitten. I'm okay." I answered softly.

"Good, if he even glances in your direction, I'll kick his a-"

"Adrien, I'm okay don't worry. As much as I would love for you to beat him up, violence isn't the answer here." I spoke soothingly.

He sighed, "You're right, do you think I could maybe come over?"

I glanced at the clock, "It's 8:30, how would you get here without getting in trouble?"

"I have my ways, plus I have to tell you something."

"Okay, just be careful."

"I will Princess, see you soon. Also, during your rant session, did I hear something about him flirting with you? Or am I just hearing things, Princess? If he did I'll kill--"

"Oh, no! Just, uh--" I walked into my mannequin as I was pacing, "Au-GH gHWAKJKLMDFSAF jsFa"

"Mari, are you ok?" He questioned concernedly.

I rubbed my forehead in pain, "Yeah, I'm great...! See you soon!" I answered ending the call. Standing up, I put my phone back on my desk and picked up my mannequin off the floor standing it upright. I heard Tikki giggle from behind me.