Chapter 21: Wise Guru Magic

Start from the beginning

The corners of his lips rose ever so slightly, the tension hovering around you like a dark cloud waiting to explode in thunder and rain. 

You were so lost in that moment that you missed your cue, letting the melody play on its' own, resonating wildly in your heart.

Tearing you out of your trance-like state, the music stopped playing and made you turn towards Namjoon with a guilty expression. "Sorry," you mumbled, but the rapper just smiled knowingly, waving it off with a motion of his hand.
"No problem. We've got time. We'll start again." 
He entered the recording room and came to a halt in front of you, his expression neutral like a professional. What was he planning now? He winked playfully at you before turning to the younger male.

"Jimin. Come here," he ordered and waved the singer towards the both of you.

"I want you to do this again," he started to explain and looked from one of you to the other. "But this time-" a cheeky grin rose on his plump lips. "God damn look at each other from the beginning. What are you? 5? You act like it." You blushed at his comment, knowing far well that he was telling the truth. Your eyes met Jimin's and you both couldn't help but giggle shyly at the situation. You were really acting like High-schoolers and it was about time that someone told you that.

"Feel the music. Feel the lyrics. And lastly feel the emotions," Namjoon whispered and left the room like some wise guru pulling his spell over you. You both started to laugh at his words, the tension falling off of your shoulders due to the relaxed atmosphere Namjoon had just created.

"Ready?" You both nodded and smiled at each other. Namjoon had done it. The awkwardness was starting to fade away. Finally. It was as if someone had loosened a tight knot in your stomach, allowing you to finally breathe again.

The song I imagined them singing was Serendipity, but in a duet version ; )

.

"I think we've got it!" Namjoon smiled. Jimin gave you a high-five, your hands staying together a little longer, making you avert your gaze with red cheeks. He only gave you a cheeky wink, before Namjoon rolled his eyes with a smile and interrupted your moment.

"Drinks? First round's on me," Namjoon offered with a chuckle, wanting to celebrate his little victory.

.

"So what happened next?" Namjoon laughed, leaning forward on the table, waiting for what you were going to say next. "She said she was going to take Jimin from me," you slurred slightly, your voice sounding more like a whine than anything else.

Both of the boys looked at you with a mocking smile "From you?" they chanted, wide smiles on their lips.

You don't hold your liquor very well.... and the boys were shamelessly using that to their advantage.

"So Jimin is yours?" Namjoon asked with one of his eyebrows rising. They both became silent, waiting expectantly for your answer.

You were going to answer. He could see it. The alcohol was making you more honest than usual.

Before he even had the time to think, his hand darted towards your mouth, shutting down whatever you had been about to say. Namjoon looked at him with a surprised expression. "I think we should probably head home now. Someone drank a little bit too much," he explained teasingly and winked at you.

"I don't want her to say anything in that state. It's not fair," he whispered to his hyung and Namjoon nodded understandingly, getting up to get the bill and pay for their drinks.

"You're probably right," he answered, "-but now I'm gosh darn curious," he mouthed silently, eyes flitting over to your form every so often with an analyzing expression. "Me too. Trust me. I've grown too fond of her in too little time. She's no good for me," Jimin sighed with a smile on his lips.

"She's good for you. Very. I haven't seen you this happy in a long time," Namjoon stated seriously, patting him on the back.

"She's just not good for your horny hormones," the rapper added and punched his friend teasingly in the shoulder.

"Ahhh, hyung stop it!" Jimin complained laughingly, swatting his friend's arm away.

.

When they got out of the taxi in front of your apartment building, you were sleeping deeply, your tiredness having taken over your body and mind. Gently Jimin picked you up, carrying you to the elevator. Namjoon stood silently next to Jimin in the elevator, a permanent happy grin on his lips as the lift went up. He'd look at the singer in a teasing way, secretly cooing on the inside at how cute he was acting with you. Jimin didn't notice anyway, his attention was solely focused on your sweet sleeping form. "Good night" he mouthed to Namjoon when you arrived before he continuing towards your room.

Slowly he laid your delicate body on the mattress of your bed, careful as if you were a fragile statue made of glass. He sat down beside you and gently tugged you in, making sure you wouldn't be cold. She looks so peaceful and sweet when she's asleep.

A tender smile rose on his lips as he saw you mumbling in your sleep. "Chim Chim," you muttered softly, lips slightly ajar in slumber. His heart fluttered in his chest and his cheeks turned red as he realized what you had just said. 

Careful not to wake you, he silently stood up and looked at your sweet form laying on the bed. He bent down and placed a soft kiss on your forehead, whispering "Sleep well, Sweet Cheeks," before he left the room, closing the door behind him silently.