I could sense Mummy Felecia giving me side glances as we got in the car. She already knew, but it was my duty to tell him. I need to man up forreal. I could not bring myself to look at her , knowing that she was giving me an intense stare , whilst driving because Amarni kept on mentioning it. Can’t blame him for being this excited.

“ Babe, I’m so happy you know – I’m glad that I came back to great news.” My stomach dipped when he said this and the guilt rushed over me.

“ Woiii.”was all I could say to make me seem happy. I am happy, but .. I dunno I feel mixed emotions.

“ This is a tune ! “ Amarni shouted.  “ Turn it up please.”

I wanna get away ,

I wanna fly away,

YEAAAAH YEAAAH

He sang Lenny Kravitz – Fly away. To be honest, that what I wanna do right about now, fly away. The guilt is too much. I wish I could just evaporate into thin air.

“ Your Cousin’s really miss you Amarni.” Felecia said to him, with one hand on the steering wheel.

“ I didn’t miss them though.” He chuckled jokingly.

“ I’ll drop you to mines before I take you two home, so you can see them before they go to bed.”

~ Amarni P.O.V ~

I was literally engrossed in coming back home, this was a nice little drive, the cool breeze that was complimented by the beaming sun which was doing justice right now. The weather is perfect, as If the universe is welcoming me home. I had on my raybans, white ralph Lauren polo, denim jeans and my white huaraches that I had bought in New York. I was casual , but I felt buff.

I stepped out the car, opening Chanel’s car for her and walked hand in hand behind my mum who was turning the keys. The house was dark like the electric had cut out and everyone was too lazy to put it back on.

“ Why is it so dark in here ?” I laughed.

We stepped forward into the passage , and I took off my raybans,since there was no need for it to be on, placed it on the kitchen and walked to the living room.

“ SURPRISE ! “ Everyone jumped out , when my mum had switched on the lights. The way my soul jumped out my body and then back in again. I looked around at everyone’s happy faces. All my friends were here. My cousins and aunties, it was small but nice how everybody came together to do this for me.

“ And its not even my birthday.” I chanted. Clapping my hands and rotating my wrists.

“ AYYYYYYYYYY” everyone joined in laughing.

“  Amarni Punani ! I admit it, I missed your big head.” Evangeline squeezed through the crowd and embraced me. She’s like my lil sister that I never had, I protect like a big brother. I missed her and her ways.

“ I actually missed you too.” I replied, hugging her back, ruffling her hair.

The music started playing and everyone kindly took their turn to come to me, whilst the others were grooving to the beat. Everything in the living room was cleared so that I was more spacious. All the kids, all the adults were dancing, having a good time. I love my family gatherings like this, the vibe is always right.

Yellow model chick

Yellow bottle sipping

Yellow Lamborghini