Epilogue

-----------

I still remember the greatest day of our lives, the one that I will be remembered for the rest of my days here on earth. The moment I saw her in her wedding dress slowly walking towards the altar where we'll be exchanging our vows, she was beautiful, she was like an angel, she was perfect. I still remember the look on her face and the happiness I felt as we walked together towards it. I still remember every detail of what happened on that day, but now I'm old but still reminiscing that moment every time I feel alone gazing on the stars at night which we used to do together.

Our years together have been fruitful and happy. And every passing year our feelings for each other seems to be undying. Even though, sometimes we encounter hardships in our marriage, it doesn't breaks us, what we have, instead of breaking we became more attached and seems to be unbreakable. I'm strong and proud and the luckiest man alive, and I keep on feeling that way every morning when I woke up beside her.

Mas naging masaya pa ang pagsasama namin Jeselle ng ibigay ng diyos ang una namin anak, si Mary. Sinundan ito ng isang lalaki si Vins at ang bunso ay si  Sylvia. We became happy and strong at sa paglaki ng aming tatlong anak ay masasabi kong fulfilment na iyon para sa akin. Ang maging isang mabuting ama sa aking mga anak. I have aslo seen for myself kung gaano kabuting ina si Jeselle sa aming mga anak katulad ng kanyang ina sa kanya.

Mabilis na lumipas ang panahon at mga taon. Nakita kong lumaki ang aking tatlong anak at kung paano nila naabot ang kanikanilang mga pangarap sa buhay. Our marriage lasted for almost thirty seven years. Until everything fell apart ng malaman namin may brain cancer si Jeselle. She was diagnosed and at the time na malaman namin ay huli na ang lahat. The cancer was on it's last and fatal stage, stage 4. In the middle of the night I just woke up and hear her crying. I would hug her and tell her everything will going to be okay even if I know will never be. I saw her feeling the excruciating pain inside her head and it pains me a lot to see her suffering on those days. All those day that had passed she became distant and it hurts me more feeling the coldness between us but I never give up on her. I stayed with her side and kiss her on her forehead when pain starts to rushed all over her veins. It hurts me seeing her like that knowing na wala akong magagawa kundi ang titigan siya habang nakikipaglaban sa sakit. Every night when she's asleep, I would cry hard. Ayokong ipakita sa kanya na nasasaktan ako dahil ayaw kong ipakita sa kanya na naghihina na din ako. I would always give her the passionate smile that I could muster. Kahit na anong mangyari ay hindi ko sya iiwan kahit na ang nagsasalba na lang sa kanya an gang mga gamut na nireresita ng doctor ay nanatili ako sa tabi niya. I never fail to tell her how I love her and how blessed I am being with her. I loved her with all I am. Palagi niyang sinasabi na maging matapang daw ako at kapag nawala na siya ay huwag akong magpapatalo sa kalungkutan at kung maaari daw ay maghanap ako ng babaeng tatayo bilang ina sa aming tatlong anak. Pero hindi ko kayang palitan siya sa puso ko dahil kahit anong gawin ko ay siya pa rin ang isinisigaw nito. Hanggang sa dumating yung araw na kuhanin na siya ng maykapal sa aking mga kamay. Naging mahirap para sa akin ang kanyang paglisan. Hinanda ko ang aking sarili ngunit sa kabilang banda ay kalianman hindi ko kaya kahit na gaano ko ma ihanda ang aking sarili. I decided na hindi na maghanap pa ng iba. And just go on with my life with her memories in me. Kahit na dumadating talaga sa punto na wala akong magawa kundi ang umiyak.

Now I am 74 years old and my life is about to set just like the beautiful sunset. I always visit Jeselle and brought her some of her favourite flowers. Kahit na hindi man naging happiliy ever after ang love story namin atleast we created a story that you will never forget.

I am Bryan Rodriguez, and all I can say, when you truly love someone, hindi talaga maiiwasan na hindi masaktan. Pain is an inevitable part when you truly love, but as long as you love each other, pain would always be worth a try. If you don't feel pain, simply you don't love.

-

A/N: Thank you for reading. Kung nagustuhan niyo po ang The Promise, puwede niyo po itong i-vote ang kada chapter, puwede din po kayong mag-iwan ng comment.