Chapter12 [Private]

JESELLE's POV

Everyday seems to be falling in order to it's proper places. Everyday, I remember something new, something that amazes me more than you could ever imagine. As days turned into night, and night into dawn. I always try to find words that is suited to describe how happy I am, that everything seems fine now. But I always end up running out of thoughts and adjectives to use.

I would wake up in the morning and the face that I love to see is the face of my ever loving mother. When I was a kid I usually run around the house just to see if she was around because if not, everything seems to be boring, because she was the only playmate I had. She was my first teacher, my best friend and one of my everything.

I couldn't imagine living life without her because ever since I developed my consciousness and realize that life wouldn't be easy, she was there standing beside me and always tells me that I can do it. She have this a sense of dignity in her that made me look up on her and make me wished that someday I would be a good mother to my sons and daughters and to be a good wife to Bryan, as she was to my father. She was one of my biggest supporter and my number one fan. I remember being a main cast in a role play and I remember that I was so afraid because I have this stage fright inside of me that everytime I stand in the middle of the crowd and their eyes is all focused on me, it feels like I choked up my words and end up speechless in front of the crowd. I have a wonderful childhood and I must say that I was raised by my mother to be the woman I am now. Respected in my field of expertise and someday I would be a good mother just like her.

It was a gloomy morning, I remember. The sun was hidden under the rain clouds that stretch over the horizon, the sky was crying and for me it was just a normal day. I get up from my bed and thinking to get ready to go to work. I washed and towelled my hair to dry it off. I put my clothes on, then put some blush on, lightly on my cheeks, after that, I walked out of my room and went to the kitchen.

It was unusual that mom wasn't there. Nakakapagtaka dahil nasanay ako na araw araw ay nauuna siyang magising kaysa sa amin ni papa and she would usually cook foods and ate breakfast together. Pero ngayon, ang naririnig ko lang ay ang tagaktak ng ulan sa bubungan at hindi ang tunog ng talamsik ng cooking oil. Siguro ay natutulog pa sila mama at papa, malamig kasi kaya siguro mahimbing pa ang tulog ng dalawa pati na rin si inday. Ayoko naman makaabala ng ibang tao para lang ipagluto ako ng agahan napaka immoral naman nun oh. So,I just decided to cook my own breakfast because I have to go to work early.

Naglakad ako papunta sa ref binuksan ito at kumuha ng some strips ng bacon, itlog at hotdog. Prinito ko to, malamang alangan ko na man ilaga to, at pagkatapos ay nagluto ng fried rice kasabay na din ang pag-init ng tubig para magkape. Inihanda ko ito sa dining table at mag-isang kumain.

Habang kumakain ako ay napaisip ako, ang boring pala talaga kapag mag-isa kang kumain o sadyang di lang talaga ako sanay. Nasanay na kasi akong palaging andyan si mama para magluto ng breakfast at kung minsan naman ay pinagluluto niya ako at ginagawan ng bento para baon ko sa trabaho. Alam ko naman magluto dahil na rin yun kay mama, tinuruan niya ako kasi pano daw ako magiging asawa ni Bryan at magiging nanay kung hindi daw ako marunong magluto. I learned some techniques on how to cook at kung paano magluto ng iba't ibang Filipino foods.

Silence lingers all over the place while I chew my food kaya ay agad agad kong tinapos ang aking pagkain at inihanda na ang aking mga gamit. I put my shoes on and puts some lipstick on my lips.

Nang maihanda ko na ang lahat ay lumabas na ako ng bahay at nagtungo sa garahe kung nasaan ang kotse ko. Sumakay ako at binuhay ang engine, bago pa iyon ay binuksan ko na ang gate at isinara ito ng ako'y lumagpas dito. While driving I put my headphones on and call Bryan. Narinig ko tong nagring at after a few rings ay sinagot ito ni Bryan.