Chapter Twelve ~ When It Wasn't Enough

Lucy stared in disbelief. She couldn't believe he actually lost. That was why she never told him what would be the deal if he lost. She had never even thought about it because she knew in her heart he was gonna win. She had wanted more then anything in the world for him to win.

  She watched as he dropped to his knees in the middle of the court. His hands were balled up and his head hung low. She could tell he was heartbroken at what has just transpired.  Was it really that important to him that he win? It doesn't make sense that it would matter that much, isn't he supposed to be some big playboy around here now? Why would he care if he loses a bet to me? she thought to herself. She watched as  Gray walked over to him and said something then helped him up and the two headed towards the locker rooms.

"Well that was totally unexpected!" Levy said looking at Lucy and Erza. "Fairytail hasn't lost to Sabertooth in years."

"Really?" Lucy asked surprised. So this game really did mean a lot to him.  Maybe for more then just a date with her. She looked at the girls for a moment as they headed down the bleachers to leave the building. "Hey guys, I think I'm gonna wait around for Natsu to come out. I think we should talk."

Erza and Levy looked at each other then looked at her with sinister little grins. "Mmmhmm.... talk... yeah, I'm sure that's what you're gonna do.." Erza giggled.

Lucy glared at the girls as she turned beat red. "Hahaha, smart ass." She mimicked.  "Actually,  I want to tell him that even though he didn't win I think I should give him that date anyway. He gave it everything he had." She looked at the girls who smiled at her.

"Okay, well were gonna go ahead to the Speakerbox Cafe and wait on everyone there so... meet us there whenever you two decide what you're gonna do.." Levy said with a smile, "And this time Lucy, don't go wandering off by yourself."

Lucy looked at her with a smile as she rolled her eyes. "And where am I gonna get off to sitting in a gym?"

"Alright, I hear you," Levy said giving her friend a hig, "we'll see you a little later then?"

"Sounds good," Lucy said as she waved good bye to her friends. She was glad she had met them. They had turned out to be really good friends, and she was grateful for that. She'd never really had girlfriends before. Just one more thing to chalk up to her past of not being allowed to be a person with her own mind.

She sat down on the bottom bleacher and waited for Natsu to come out fron the locker room. After a few minutes she heard the door open. She looked up. Gray came walking over towards her.

"Hey Gray," she smiled. "That was a really good game. I'm sorry yall lost."

"It's ok. " Gray responded looking a little down but trying hard to give his best smile. "You know it happens sometimes. Anyways, we'll get one more chance to beat them before the finals."

"Well that is good to hea," she replied sounding a little relieved.  "Hey, where is you're girlfriend? I haven't seen her since that day at your house." She asked curiously.  She had never gotten a chance to thank her for everything she had done.

"Oh, Juvia? She goes to school in Hargeon, so she normally comes in on the weekends and her breaks of course. Anyway, she will most likely be here either tonight or tomorrow.  Maybe ya'll can finally meet properly." He laughed.

Lucy blushed a little looking at Gray. "Yea it would be nice to meet her, since after all she's already seen me naked."

This made Gray laugh even harder. "That's true. Well anyway, I gotta go catch up with Gajeel. Are you here?"

"Yeah, I'm fine..." she stated firmly. Damn does no one think I can manage by myself?,  she thought, No stupid! There just your friends. They care about you, duh. "I'm just waiting on Natsu actually." She blushed when she realized Gray was starring at her.

"Ooohhh... I get it. Well, he should be out in just a few minutes."

"Oh ok." She gave Gray a small smile.

"Well I'll see you later then," Gray waved as he walked away.

Lucy sat a little longer. What is taking this damn boy so damn long?  She thought to herself as she looked at the time on her phone. It had already been forty-five minutes since the game had ended, and Natsu was no where to be seen.

Lucy got up and started to head towards the door. I'll just send him a text from the car and let him know to meet me at the restaurant with everyone else so we can talk. She thought to herself. It wasn't what she wanted, but it would have to do for now. That's when she heard a voice from behind her.

"Hey beautiful lady." It said. Who's voice was that? It wasn't Natsu's.  She knew that much. She turned around nervously to see a tall blonde guy. Why did he look so familiar? Oh wait, he was the guy Natsu was playing tonight.

"What can I do for you?" She asked rather annoyed that it still wasn't  Natsu.

He looked at her with a sly grin as he took a few steps closer to her. This made her uncomfortable.  She took a few steps backwards. "I was thinking you could help me celebrate my win tonight..." he said, "You look like a girl I could have a great time with." He winked at her as he took another step forward. She backed up again but realized she wasn't going any further. He had backed up against the wall.

"I don't know what kind of girl you think I am, but I'll pass on any type of partying with you." She replied with as much venom in her words as she could muster.

String reached his hand out and grabbed her wrist, "oh come on babe. It'll be a blast I promise." He whispered in her ear. This sent shivers down her spin, and not the good kind either.

He pinned her wrist against the wall and leaned forward. She could smell the strong pungent scent of his cologne. Oh my God!No! Why does this keep happening to me?!