Chapter Two ~ Lucy is her name

The beautiful blonde girl walked into the admissions office of Fairytail University and looked around. She wasn't so much nervous as she was anxious. It had been so long since she had been back in Fiore, much less back in Magnolia. There were so many things she loved about this place- and yet so many things that caused her pain too.

But she wasn't going to focus on that. She finally had gotten away from her father and was able to live her life the way she wanted and she was looking forward to doing so. To finally being free of the torment of being forced to do everything perfectly twenty four-seven.  She walked over to the desk and introduced herself to the white haired woman at the front desk. "Hi, I'm Lucy Heartfilia. I was told to come here to get my schedule and make sure that all of my transfer information was properly received from my previous university."

The lady behind the desk gave Lucy the  sweetest smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you Lucy. I'm Mira Jane Strauss. I work here in the office part time. If you'll  just take a seat I'll check on everything and get back to you in just a moment."

Lucy turned around to sit down and bumped into a blue haired girl holding a large stack of books, causing the girl to lose her balance and drop the books scattering them all over the office floor.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry!" Lucy exclaimed bending down to help the girl pick up the books she had dropped.

"It's ok," the girl responded. "I should have paid better attention to where I was going. I just got lost in thought."

Lucy gave her a smile, " I understand. I do that a lot myself. Especially when it comes to reading. By the way, I'm Lucy." She said handing the books back to the girl as they both stood up.

"It's nice to meet you Lucy. My name is Levy." She said reaching out and taking the books from Lucy. "So are you new to the University?"

"Yes, I'm transferring in today actually," Lucy responded, "I'm just waiting to get my schedule from Miss Strauss at the desk."

Levy grinned at Lucy, "Well once you get your schedule if you would like I can show you around campus. I'm heading to the library now, just come find me if you'd like- it's at the end of the hall on the left."

Lucy thought to herself for a moment. Well I'm off to a great start. She seems like she will make a great friend. "That sounds great." She responded with a grin. "I'll come over there as soon as I finish here. I'm dying to see the library anyway. I heard that this university has the greatest book collection in all of Fiore."

"It does. I basically live in there," Levy replied as she walked out the office door, " you will love it. I look forward to seeing you in there." With those words she walked out the door and down the hall.

Lucy sat down in a chair patiently waiting for Mira Jane to come back with the information she needed. She pulled her phone out of her bag and started to scroll through Facebook looking to see what everyone had going on. Nothing really interesting, as usual. A bunch of memes, and people complaining, or changing their relationship status. She didn't really care all that much about relationships.  Granted she had dated a few times in the past but nothing that was ever serious, or deemed worthy of a Facebook post.

After about twenty minutes Mira Jane finally called out to her. "Lucy, I apologize for the wait. I found your file, and everything is perfect. Here is your schedule for the semester. If you have any questions don't hesitate to come find me. "

Lucy thanked the woman as she walked out the door looking at her schedule. It  wasn't really as hectic as she was expecting. She only had 2 classes on Monday and Wednesday, 3 classes on Thursday,  and one class on Friday. Well good that means plenty of time to study and get out and party a little too. She thought to herself as she smiled and walked towards the library.

She entered through the library and gasped as she looked around at all the books on shelves two stories high throughout the room. She had never seen anything like it. Reading and writing were her passion. It allowed her to escape from the prison she had been trapped in over the past seven years. She walked through the aisles of books looking for her new found acquaintance, and thinking how she cant wait to read as many of these books as she can.

After a few minutes of walking around she was ready to give up until she turned a corner and saw the familiar face of the girl sitting on a leather chair with her nose buried deep in a book.

She approached her and spoke quietly so not to disturb anyone else. "Hey, Levy right?"

Levy looked up from her book and smiled at Lucy. " You remembered. I am so glad that you came. How do you like our library?" She asked putting her book down.

"It's the most beautiful thing I think I have ever seen." Lucy said looking around mesmerized by all the books she saw.

"Well if you like this wait until you see the rest of campus." Levy said standing up and heading towards the door.

The two girls walked out of the library and out the building to the quad. "Are you hungry?" Levy asked looking at the time on her phone. "The university cafe is on the other side of the quad and the food is so good." She said holding her stomach.

Lucy thought for a second. Well, I could eat something. I was so excited this morning I completely forgot to eat breakfast. "Yeah, I could go for something to eat." She smiled at levy as they headed towards the Cafe.

The two girls talked about the school, what classes they had, and their favorite books as they walked in and sat at a table. Lucy could tell she had already found a friend here. It's gonna be a great year, she thought to herself with a grin.