Chapter Ten ~ Where She Stands

Levy looked at Lucy in disbelief of what she just witnessed.

"What is it?" Lucy looked at Levy curiously.

"Would you like to tell me what is going on between you and Natsu Dragneel?" She asked putting a hand on her hip.

Lucy thought about it for a moment.  She had completely forgotten to tell Levy and Erza about running into him, or their previous relationship.  Then again when she had finally called them after the incident she barely got a word in edgewise because they were so upset when she didn't call them the night before. "Well see it's a little bit complicated.." Lucy said starring at the ground blushing quietly. "Let's just say he was my first love. And he took care of me after my assault last weekend."

"Wh-what?!" Levy all but squealed. "Natsu? The Natsu Dragneel?! The stupid, tall muscular guy?  Always wears a white scarf, and has pink hair? The biggest play boy in all of F.U.?"

Lucy looked at her friend with eyes that seemed full of so many emotions.  "That would be the one. See Gray,  Natsu, and I grew up in the same neighborhood. The three of us were literally together every day as children. When we were twelve my father moved me far away, but not before Natsu confessed he loved me." She said with a blush.

"Wwooww," Levy starred at the ground, "Just be careful Lucy.  He's nothing but trouble, and I don't want to see you hurt."

Lucy looked over at Levy as they walked down the street. "I will be. I know he's trouble, but I cant help it. My heart is just drawn to him. And I'm afraid of how dangerous that could be."

"Well as long as he knows I'll kill him if he hurts you." Levy said looking at Lucy  with her two little fists balled up and jumping like she was ready for a fight. Lucy couldn't help but laugh.

"Yes, cause you're a full on pitbull Levy." She replied.

The two burst out laughing at each other as they headed home.

When Lucy arrived at home she pulled her books out and laid on her bed to study. Before she realized it she was passed out asleep.

Lucy hadn't been sleeping very well ever since the incident that happened last week. She just couldn't shake the creepy feeling of the guys threat. The only time she had slept good was when Natsu had showed up at Gray's house. He had laid in the bed with her all day and just held her in his arms as she slept. He made her feel safe, but who she saw he was now scared her too. That was her biggest problem, her biggest fear of him.  She didn't want her heart to break again when it came to Natsu. 

Lucy woke up when her alarm clock went off. Oh shit! Its 8:30. She panicked. She quickly showered, threw on the closest outfit she could find, and headed out the door. Thank God I only have one class today cause I didn't get any studying done last night, she thought to herself. She made it to the school with just a few minutes to spare. She sat down in the first empty chair she could find next to her red haired friend. Erza looked over at her.

"Why are you so late?" Ersa whispered, "are you still having problems sleeping?"

"A little," Lucy replied looking down and playing with the hem of her skirt. "I dont know what is wrong with me."

"You know.. I might know what would help with that..." Erza replied with a mischevious grin.

"What?" Lucy asked.

Erza leaned as close to Lucy's ear as she could possibly get and whispered, "Natsu Dragneel."  She sat back and giggled to herself as she watched Lucy turn 20 different shades of crimson. Damn you Levy  McGarden! I'm gonna kill you!  Lucy screamed to herself. Before she had a chance to reply the professor walked in and started her lesson for the day.

When class finally ended Lucy made a beeline for the library. She had a mission to find and torture a certain little blue haired bookworm. After searching she finally found her in a corner with her nose deep in a book. "Levy McGarden..  I'm gonna get you!"
She whisper yelled.

"Huh?" Levy looked up from her book.

"You told Erza! She gave me hell all through class today.." Lucy said through clenched teeth.

Levy burst out laughing. "I'm sorry Lucy. I didn't think she would make your life that hard."

"Well she did." Lucy said in a huff as she sat herself down next to Levy pouting.

Levy set her book down and looked at Lucy. "So are you ready for the game tonight? You know with your bet and all..."

Lucy thought about it. She didn't know why she made that bet in the first place. Maybe because she was really hoping he'd play his best as a sort of "fight for the girl" moment. Plus she still didn't know about the white haired girl she saw kiss him. If that was his girlfriend it changed everything.

"I honestly don't know Levy. My stomach is in knots over this whole situation. I'm torn when it comes to Natsu. I want him back in my life, but I don't want to be hurt, and I'm pretty sure he has a girlfriend anyway." She said playing with a book in her hand.

Levy looked at her friend sympathetically.  "I understand exactly how you feel Lucy. I feel the same way with Gajeel. But why do you think he has a girlfriend? He's not dating anyone that I know of. Too much of a playboy to settle I guess."

Well I saw him kissing this white haired girl at the race," Lucy said blushing.

Levy thought about it for a minute. White haired girl? Then it clicked in her brain. "Oh I bet your talking about Lisanna, yeah.... no... shes definitely not his girlfriend.... more like his crazy stalker if anything. I think they had a thing a while ago, but now they just hang from time to time. At least that's what I know."

"Oh," Lucy said blushing. "Well how do I know he won't be the same with me now?"

Levy looked at her and smiled. "As I told you yesterday... Because I'll kill him if he hurts you."

The two girls smiled and then laughed.  Picturing Levy trying to kill the great and almighty Natsu. That would definitely be a sight.

"Well," Levy said with a mischievous grin, "what do you say we both go get ready for this game tonight. Let's see how interesting we can make it. " with a wink she grabbed Lucy's hand and headed out the door.