*3*

(Cammie's POV)

It's been a week since I last saw Melissa. I'm really worried about her, she hasn't been at school. I'm going to her house after school to see if she's ok. I haven't slept in the last week, because every night my mind wonders to the worst-case scenario of what happened to her. I can't even focus on my class right now. Another 30 minutes later, the bell rang signaling the end of the class period. I decided to skip the rest of the day to go see Melissa. What good is school going to do when I can't focus on my classes. I left the building, got in my car, and sped over to her house. It is normally a 15-minute drive, well I made it in 5.

I was standing on her front porch, building up the courage to knock on her door. As soon as I lifted my fist to knock on the door. Melissa opened the door she saw my fist and flinched. I immediately put my fist down and looked at her. She has a bruise going down the left side of her face, her right eye is swollen, purple and red, her neck had a hand print around it, she had a really bad cut on her lip. "Can you show me where your room is?" I asked softly, knowing that she was probably sensitive to a harsh tone. She nodded and grabbed my hand, I felt sparks when she held my hand. I don't know if she felt them, but I definitely did. She took me up the stairs and into the second door on the left. There were pictures of her, an older woman and an older boy. I wonder who they are. That's not my biggest concern right now, I grabbed a duffel bag that was lying on the ground, opened her drawers and closet. And started throwing clothes in, not really paying attention to what I was grabbing. After I filled up the duffel bag as much as I could, I took her hand in my hand and gently dragged her out of the house and into my car. I drove to my house in silence, afraid of what might come out of my mouth if I open it.

Once we pulled into my driveway I got out of the car, went around and opened her door and tried to help her out of the car, but she kept wincing in pain so instead I slipped my arms underneath her body and picked her up and carried her inside, up the stairs, to the bathroom and set her down on the bathtub. "I don't want you to feel uncomfortable, but I need to check the rest of your body for bruises. Are you ok with that?" I asked sympathy laced my voice. I felt awful for what happened. She looked up at me the put her head in her hands and started balling her eyes out. I sat next to her on the tub and wrapped my arms around her.at this point tears we threatening to spill from my eyes as well. I hated seeing her so broken. I pulled her as close to me as I possibly could and squeezed her tight but not enough to hurt her. She started crying into my chest again. I picked her up once again and took her to my room. I set her on the bed, I moved some pillows against the headboard so that we could lay against it comfortably. Once I propped myself against the board I pulled her close to me once again. And we stayed like that for about 30 minutes before she fell asleep. I grabbed the remote from my bedside table, turned on the tv and decided to binge watch 'The Fosters' on Netflix until I fell asleep.