Ch. Thirty- Four

Mulai dari awal

"Jack." I choked.

"You have to be more clear." He said slowly.

I calmed down just enough to explain to Adam what had happened with Jack before I fell apart again.

"He didn't mean it." Adam said calmly.

I took a few deep breaths and calmed my sobs then turned to lay on my back so that I was looking up at Adam. "How do you know?"

He shrugged. "I know Jack. And I know that he would only say that because he thought that you would regret it, so he blamed it on himself so that you wouldn't feel so bad."

"And why are you defending him so much?" I asked.

"Because he obviously really loves you and you really like him or you wouldn't be like this right now and he'll treat you a billion times better than I did." He said calmly.

I was surprised by what he told me. "So what should I do?" I asked, looking up at him.

He looked down at me. "I think you should listen."

"I'm overreacting." I whined. "He's probably mad at me now."

"He's definitely not mad at you."

"Which brings me back to how do you know?"

"Which brings me back to I know him. Besides, right after you left, he kept muttering 'I really f*cked up.' Before he got up and stormed out of the house."

"So I should..." I trailed off.

"Text him." 

"Right now?"

"No, you look hideous." Adam said with a teasing smile.

I gently shoved him with a small chuckle. "Shut up."

"Okay, stop begging, I guess I can pick out time from my busy schedule to help you get ready."

I sat up and gave him a weird look. "Why are you going to help me get ready?"

He stood to his feet and grabbed my hand, dragging me towards the stairs. "Because I believe I've just been friendzoned, so I might as well help you out."

I chuckled as we went into my room. "Thanks."

Within half an hour, I took a shower and was dressed in skinny jeans and one of Luke's football hoodies. My hair was brushed and I even did a little bit of makeup. Adam didn't help at all, which I didn't expect him too, but it was fun to have him around. It's good to know that we can at least be friends after all that we've been through.

I pulled out my phone, my heart beating a bazillion miles per hour in my chest.

"He's not mad. He'll be releived that you're even texting him. Stop being so nervous." Adam said.

I sighed and tapped on Jack's name, slowly thinking out what I wanted to say.

Are you busy? Was what I came up with.

My nerves were a wreck as I waited for his reply. No...

"Gosh, can this boy be any more awkward?" I groaned, exasperatedly.

Adam just chuckled. "Look, I have to go. But I'll see you later, kay? Tell me how it goes."

"Okay." I chirped, standing up and wrapping him into a hug. "Thank you." I whispered.

"Anytime." He whispered back before pulling apart and disappearing out the door.

I took another deep breath before responding to Jack.

Can we talk?

Uh.... sure.

Meet me at the park? Five minutes.

Yeah, okay.

I sighed then made my way out of the house and down the street towards the park in our neighborhood. 

When I got there, Jack wasn't there so I sat on the swings and pushed myself back and forth lighty, trying to prepare something in my head of what I was going to say to him.

"Hey." Jack's voice made me jump, but I stayed on the swing as he sat on the swing beside me.

"Hey." I said, matching his awkwardness. Ha! Take that!

We were quiet for a long time before he broke the silence. "You wanted to talk?" He asked.

"Um, uh, y-yeah." I sputtered. "I just wanted to appologize for overreacting. So, sorry." I muttered. 

"You're appologizing?" He asked.

I nodded. "Well, y-yeah."

"Why?"

"Well, you don't seem to be doing anything." I muttered.

"What do you want me to say, Lindsay?" He asked in an annoyed voice.

"Ever notice that whenever we talk, we fight?" I asked, matching his annoyance now.

"Ever think that it's because I care about you so much?" He countered.

I stood up from my swing. "Okay, fine. This was stupid, sorry I wasted your time." I mumbled, walking away towards my house.

"Lindsay, wait." Jack said behind me. 

I reluctantly turned back around. "Are you going to yell at me again?"

"No. Just let me talk. Please." He said.

I sighed and sat back down in the swing.

"I'm sorry about what I said, I didn't think you'd feel that way. I thought you'd regret it."

"Why?" I croaked.

He shrugged. "I don't know. I just, I wasn't thinking, I guess."

"Okay. So where does this leave us?" I asked. Maybe I shouldn't have forgiven him so easily, I don't know. But I knew that I didn't want to be mad at him, so I just won't be.

"Friends?" He asked.

I nodded, even though I was a little bit disappointed. "Yeah, sure. Friends." I said with a forced smile.

One thing kept running through my mind as I walked back home...

Friendzoned.

____________________________________________

Does anybody have a July birthday? I know a lot of people with July birthdays (Like me!), so I'm just curious <3 And today is Derek Sanders birthday, (Lead singer of Mayday Parade).

ANYWAY

This is the second update in twelve hours, I'm impressed with myself <3

So what do you think of Jack now? And Adam?

This chapter is kind of weird, but the next chapter is going to be better... I think. I'm pretty excited to write it, so hopefully it turns out good.

Vote, comment, fan <3