Epilogue

Five years later

"Mama!" Malory yells excitedly when Lauren walks into the house, the six year old had been waiting for her with Normani.

"Hey, honey." Lauren ruffled Malory's black hair. "What's up?"

"The sky, the ceiling." Malory replied seriously.

Lauren laughed. "That's not what I meant."

"I know." Malory giggled and took Lauren's hand. "Look what we did to Peanut." She pulled Lauren into the living-room where Peanut was.

The poor dog was dressed up in a princess costume and didn't look to pleased about it.

Normani stands up and moves over to Lauren. "Mmm, hi." She whispers, leaning in and kissing the younger girl.

They had managed to sneak around for at least another month before Dinah caught them. The blonde was a little mad at first but then said that she couldn't blame them, they were both hot.

Lauren smiled against Normani's lips. "Hi." She whispered.

"Yucky!" Malory shook her head and moved over to Peanut who looked at her desperately, asking for the clothes to be taken off of her.

"I missed you today and I know Dinah has missed you too." The dark-skinned girl says softly.

Lauren smiled. "I missed you too."

Normani leans in and kisses her softly once more. "Everyone's in bed except for Malory, she didn't want to go to bed until you got home and could tuck her in."

Lauren smiled. "Some things never change."

The dark-skinned girl smiles softly, "Why don't you get her in bed and I'll heat up your dinner. No arguments."

Lauren sighed. "Okay." She rolled her eyes and turned to Malory. "Let's get Peanut out of that dress and you into bed."

"Can we take a picture first? For nana?" Malory asked.

Nodding, Lauren waits until Malory is ready and takes a picture of her and Peanut. "Now let's get the dress off her and you into bed."

Normani makes her way into the kitchen and begins to heat up Lauren's dinner.

Malory nodded and together the almost identical mother and daughter got the dress off the dog who looked relieved.

Once Malory was sound asleep in her bed, Lauren made her way back downstairs.

"Mmm, took you long enough." Normani breathes out, pulling Lauren into a slow and passionate kiss.

Lauren wrapped her arms around Normani's neck and smiled before pulling away. "Where's Dinah?"

"She's upstairs with Marianna who's sick." The older girl responds softly.

"Oh, that's not fun." Lauren said, her stomach growled.

Shaking her head, Normani leads Lauren into the kitchen. "I don't get why Marianna is so clingy when she's sick."

"Some kids just are." Lauren shrugged. "Other kids like to be left alone."

Nodding, Normani pulls out Lauren's chair for her. "Let's eat dinner and then we can go check on Marianna and Dinah."

Lauren nodded. "Sure." She sat down in the seat Normani had pulled out for her.

Smiling softly, Normani sits across from her, playing a game on her phone.

Lauren ate her meal in silence, checking messages on her phone.

When Lauren was done eating, Normani took her dishes and rinsed them off before putting them in the dishwasher and starting it.

Lauren pushed her hair out of her face and sighed, taking off her glasses for a brief moment to rub her eyes before putting them back on.

"Ready?" Normani asks softly.

Lauren lifted her head and took a deep breath before nodding. "Yeah."

They both headed upstairs and into their shared room with Dinah.

Dinah was half-awake with Marianna laying on her chest, the six year old was burning up.

"Hey, DJ, how is she?" Normani asked gently as she and Lauren walked into the room.

"She's going to be home again tomorrow." Dinah responds, rubbing Marianna's back.

Normani nodded. "There's no point in sending her to school when she's sick. Maybe we should take her to a doctor."

"I'm going to call in the morning." The blonde responds, shifting on the bed. "She's probably going to be with me all night."

"Okay. Do you want us to sleep in the spare room?" Normani asked gently.

It was quite warm in the room so Lauren moved to open the window and let some fresh air in, thinking it might help Marianna.

"You don't have to, but you can if you want." The brown eyed girl responds softly, shifting on the bed once more.

"It'll give you some more space to get comfortable." Normani said softly. "Do you want something to eat or drink?"

"Some water please?" Dinah asks softly, feeling like a burden.

Normani nodded. She kissed Dinah's head and went to get the younger girl a glass of water.

After taking a drink of the water, Dinah shifts on the bed and holds her daughter close.

"We'll let you get some sleep." Normani said softly.

"I love you." Dinah mumbles tiredly, her eyes fluttering closed.

"I love you too." Normani kissed Dinah's forehead and lead Lauren out of the room, closing the door quietly behind them.

Lauren curls into Normani's side and yawns softly.

"Let's get some sleep." Normani led Lauren to the spare room with the two dogs following them.

Nodding, Lauren moves over to her dresser to change her clothes before laying down.

Normani smiled softly before copying Lauren. She got into bed as the two dogs jumped up and lay at their feet.

Curling into Normani, Lauren yawns tiredly. "I miss her."

"I know you do." Normani kissed Lauren's head. "I miss her too but everything will be okay."

The younger girl's hands goes to the necklace around her neck, on it was her ring along with Camila's.

Camila may be gone but she would never be forgotten.