Chapter 6

"Buddy, pick up your crayons." Camila says softly, running her hand through Jaxson's hair.

"But I'm using them." Jaxson said.

Smiling, Camila kisses his forehead. "You need to pick up the ones you aren't using."

"I'm using all of them." Jaxson said.

Annie reached for a red crayon but Jaxson slapped her hand away.

"Jaxson Creed, you're in timeout, now." Camila says calmly, picking up the crayons and handing them to Annie.

Annie smiled shyly before taking the red crayon.

Kissing Annie's forehead, Camila smiles.

She didn't notice that anyone was watching them.

Annie bit her lip as she began to color on the piece of paper on the floor.

"That looks pretty baby girl." Camila says as she lifts Jaxson into her arms and kisses his forehead before sitting down beside Annie.

Annie looked up at Camila and smiled again.

Jaxson started to fall asleep, curled up in Camila's arms.

"You're so good with them." Normani says softly, from the doorway.

Biting her lip, Camila looks up and forces a smile. "Thanks for telling me."

Normani smiled softly.

"Mommy look!" Annie says excitedly, holding up her picture.

Camila smiles widely. "That's amazing baby girl."

Annie smiled brightly. "It's the sun."

"I see that." Camila says, kissing Annie's forehead once more. "Why don't you show Mani?"

Annie shook her head. "For you."

"Thank you baby, why don't you make Mani something?" Camila asks softly.

Annie looked from Camila to Normani and back again. She nodded after a long moment.

Ten minutes later, Annie gets up and walks over to Normani. "Flower." She says holding the picture up to her.

Normani smiled. "Beautiful."

Smiling, the two year old holds her arms up. "Where mommy go?"

"I think she went to go get something to eat." Normani said softly, lifting Annie up.

Nodding, Annie lays her head on Normani's shoulder. "We goin back to bad man?"

"What?" Normani asked softly.

"The bad man that hurts mommy." The little girl says softly.

"No you aren't going anywhere." Normani said softly. "You are staying right here."

Nodding, Annabelle relaxes against Normani tiredly.

"I think it's nap time for you." Normani said softly.

"No." The little girl mumbles, shaking her head.

Lauren walked into the room with her headphones in.

"Mani, can you watch them? I have to run to the store." Camila says softly, walking into the room.

Jaxson was asleep in his playpen.

"Have you eaten something?" Normani asked.

"Wasn't hungry." Camila responds.

"You aren't going anywhere unless you eat. I don't want you passing out when you are on your own." Normani said. "Or you take Lauren with you."