Chapter 10

"Mama," Jaxson whines, rubbing his eyes.

He had woken up at three in the morning but no one else was awake.

"Mommy!" The four year old yells out louder.

Still nobody came.

Tears immediately fill Jaxson's eyes and he gets up, pulling on his jacket and shoes. Managing to open his gate, the four year old makes his way to the front door and unlocks it before walking off.

When Lauren woke up it was around five in the morning and the house was freezing.

Camila shifts and pulls Lauren closer.  "Why is it so cold?"

"How should I know?" Lauren mumbled. "I have to get ready for work."

Frowning, Camila sits up slightly. "Are you mad at me?"

"No." Lauren said. "I'm just tired."

"Oh, I should probably go get Annie ready for school. Are you taking Jax with you?" The older girl asks.

"Probably." Lauren said as she sat up. She pulled her hair up into a ponytail, picking up her glasses and putting them on. She climbed out of bed.

Getting up, Camila follows behind her,  wrapping her arms around Lauren's waist. "Got enough time for a shower?"

"Um... no." Lauren said. "I'm already late."

"Oh okay." Camila mumbles, looking down.

"I'm sorry." Lauren shivered.

Camila just kisses the side of Lauren's head before grabbing her uniform and heading into the bathroom.

Lauren sighed and ran her fingers through her hair.

"Mommy!" Annie yells from her room, trying to open her gate.

Sighing, Lauren walked out of her and Camila's room. "Mommy is in the shower, what's up baby?"

"Cold," Annie whines, shivering slightly and holding her arms up.

"I know, princess, I'm cold too." Lauren said. She opened Annie's gate and picked her up.

Curling into Lauren, the little girl buries her face in Lauren's neck. "Cold mama."

"I know." Lauren said, shivering.

"Why's the front door open?" Camila asks, putting her hair up in a ponytail.

"I don't know." Lauren shrugged. "Maybe the wind blew it open."

Camila nods her head, walking over to them and holding her arms out for Annie. "Let's get you dressed and ready so Bea can get you to school."

"School!" Annie clapped her hands.

"Laur, you should get Jax up and ready to go if you're taking him." Camila says softly as she takes Annie into her own arms.

Lauren nodded, she rubbed her eyes and turned to face Jaxson's room. "Camz, his gate is open."

"What?" Camila asks, shifting Annie on her hip and looking at Lauren.

"His gate is open." Lauren repeated.

Frowning, Camila moves over to the room and looks inside. "He's gone." She said.

"What do we do?" Lauren asks worriedly.

"I'll call my partner. You get Annie ready and we'll go look for him." Camila said.

Nodding her head, Lauren takes Annie from Camila and leaves the room.