Chapter 14

A week later

"I can't believe you kicked her out." Camila says coldly, looking at Normani. "Nobody has seen or heard from her, not even Dylan."

Normani stayed quiet. She let Camila yell at her. She didn't care anymore.

"Hey, Camz, I'm home." Lauren called as she kicked off her shoes. She walked into the kitchen.

Camila sends Lauren a soft smile before looking back at Normani. "You better hope her and Marianna are alive."

Normani stared at her cup of coffee without saying a word.

Running a hand through her hair, Camila takes a deep breath. "Do you even care that your wife and daughter are missing?"

"Camz, stop." Lauren said calmly. "That's enough."

"Why? Dinah and Marianna are missing." Camila responds, looking at her wife. "And it's like she doesn't care."

Lauren bit her lip and looked down. "Sorry."

Instead of responding, Camila pulls out her phone and answers it when it starts ringing. "Hello?"

"Mila, we found her, get to the station as soon as you can." Liam says calmly.

"I'm on my way now." Camila said.

Liam hangs up the phone immediately after.

Putting her phone away, Camila sighed. "I have to go to work."

"What? But today's your day off." Lauren says with a frown.

Camila sighed again. "I just have to go in." She said calmly.

"Camz, what aren't you telling me?" Lauren asks worriedly, fearing something bad has happened.

"Nothing." Camila said softly. "I just have to go to work." She walked over to Lauren and kissed her gently before leaving the room.

By the time she gets to the station, she finds Dinah curled into a ball with Marianna protectively against her chest.

Camila sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. She sat down beside Dinah's head on the bench. "Dinah?" She asked softly.

Flinching, Dinah holds Marianna closer. "Don't touch her." She whispers weakly.

The baby was unmoving in Dinah's arms.

"Dinah, it's me, it's Camila." Camila said softly.

The younger girl's eyes widen and she looks up at Camila. "Help her." She breathes out weakly.

"You need to tell me where you've been." Camila said gently, she filled a cup with water from the water dispenser beside the bench.

Swallowing thickly, Dinah licks her lips upon seeing the water. "I-I had nowhere to go."

"You could have come to mine." Camila said calmly, giving Dinah the water.

Taking the water, Dinah immediately gulps it down.

"I'll get you a sandwich." Camila said, she got up and went to get Dinah a sandwich.

Marianna slowly wakes up and releases a really soft cry signaling she's hungry.

"Shh." Dinah tried to calm her but she was too tired and hungry herself to even feed her daughter.

"Is it okay if I give her a bottle of formula?" A female officer asks gently.

Dinah nodded quickly. "She needs something... anything to eat."

"I'll be right back with a bottle." The officer says softly.