Chapter 12

Camila runs a hand through her hair after Dinah and Normani leave. "I can't believe her."

Lauren sat down on the couch. "Calm down. She's gone now."

"How can you be so calm? She's claiming that I forced you to raise our kids." Camila responds, shaking from her anger.

"I'm calm because I know it's not true." Lauren ran her fingers through her hair.

Jaxson stands up and walks over to Lauren, holding out Andrew's Batman.

"Oh no." Lauren took the Batman toy from Jaxson.

"Call mommy." Annie says quietly from the doorway.

Lauren turned her head, frowning. "Mommy? Mommy is right here." Lauren said in confusion.

Shaking her head, Annie crosses her arms. "Call mommy!"

"Annie, your mommy is right here." Lauren pointed at Camila.

Tears fill Annie's eyes and she shakes her head. "No!"

"Annie?" Lauren asked, she looked at Camila in confusion.

Taking a deep breath, Camila looks at Lauren with pain filled eyes. "She thinks Dinah and Normani are her moms because they've had her a lot more lately."

Lauren's face changed and she looked hurt. "Oh." She looked down at her hands.

"Call mommy!" Annie sobs out, dropping to the ground sadly.

Lauren looked at the toy in her hands and let it fall to the floor before getting up off the couch and leaving the room.

Closing her eyes, Camila drops her head into her hands. She didn't know what to do anymore.

"Call mommy!" Annie screamed.

"I am your mommy! Not Dinah!" Camila suddenly snaps out without thinking.

Annie flinched, sobbing. She rubbed her eyes and got up, running out of the room.

Jaxson covers his ears and releases a loud scream that catches Lauren's attention.

Rubbing her eyes, Lauren made her way into the room.

"Mama," Jaxson sobs out, holding his arms up for Lauren.

Lifting Jaxson up, Lauren looked at him.

"Mommy yell," the four year old sobs, burying his face in her neck.

"Shh." Lauren cooed. She bounced Jaxson in her arms. "Shh."

After a few minutes, Jaxson relaxes but remains curled up in Lauren's arms.

Lauren ran her fingers through Jaxson's hair and sighed.

"I'm sorry," Camila whispers, her head in her hands.

Lauren moved over to Camila and sat down. She frowned.

"It's my fault that Annie thinks they are her moms." The brown eyed girl whispers.

Lauren shook her head. "It's not your fault." She said.

"It is." Camila responds, tears in her eyes.

"No." Lauren said, she didn't know how to make Camila understand that it wasn't her fault.

Annie slowly makes her way back into the room. "I'm sorry."

Camila slowly lifted her head to look at Annie.

The little girl had tears streaming down her face. "You no want me and them did."