Chapter 157 - Before Sunrise

Start from the beginning

"Tessa Black!" I roll my eyes when I see a man rush towards me before a flash goes off.

I spoke to soon. 

I walk into the hotel and ignore the staff as my guards lead me to the elevator. My guards smile at me kindly as they gesture for me to go into the empty elevator when it arrives. I stay quiet and keeps my hands wrapped around my blanket as I wait for the elevator to go up.

"I don't want anyone disturbing me." I state and watch the guard nod. "Don't let anyone up. Espically not my manager. If I need anything, i'll come out to talk to." I add after a long pause.

"Yes, Miss Black." My guard nods. I stay quiet and lean against the golden walls of the elevator. We finally make it up to the floor i'm staying at before my guard leads me to my suite. "Have a good night." My guard says as he unclocks the door and places my bags into the hotel suite. 

"Than you." I let out a sigh as I take off my coat. My guard nods at me before he closes the door behind me. I walk towards the couch and drop down on it as I take off my shades and throw them down on the floor. "Fuck." I breath out softly as I bury my face into my hands.

I made a fool out of myself. I let my emotions get the best of me on live stage and ended up having a break down. I actually ended up crying infront of millions of people watching me at the awards ceremony and at home too. I will be on every news outlet by tomorrow....Again.

"Oh for the love of god..." I whisper when I hear my phone ring. I reach into my pocket and freeze for a moment as I stare at Nathans number.

It's been five days since I last saw him. Five days since he said that Marshall would show up. I agreed and gave him a chance. I gave Marshall a chance to fix things with the twins, with his kids and he didn't show up. He didn't phone. He didn't try to make up for missing his chance with the kids. Nathan didn't phone for the past five days either until now.

"Tessa." Nathan says in suprise when I answer the call. I stay quiet as I push my anger down.

"I don't want to hear from you again, Nathan." I say.

"What?" He says in disbelief. "The hell did I do?" He says in anger.

"I gave your brother a chance, Nathan." I state. "I gave your brother a chance and went behind my kids back so Marshall can talk to them. You said he would show up!" I say in anger. "I gave you a chance. Before sunset. You said before sunset!" I raise my voice slightly.

"He said he would show up!" Nathan shouts back.

"Well he didn't!" I state. "I gave him a chance, Nate. I gave him a fucking chance and he screwed up by not showing up." I add.

"He was fucked up that day." Nathan defends his big brother quickly, making me shake my head.

"Well i'm fucked up everyday too but I be there for my children!" I shout. I hear Nathan let out a sigh. "He missed his chance. I don't want him anywhere near us." I add.

"Tessa, come on! You don-" I hang up the phone before he can finish. 

***

"Have fun and look after your siblings." I say into the phone as I lay down.

"You sure you're okay? I mean, when you were performing-" Ryder start but I cut in.

"I was just....Tired, my love. I'm fine now. I'll talk to your tomorrow." I say and hear him sigh heavily.

"Alright. Night." He mumbles.

"Have fun in California. Goodnight." I say into the phone. I look up at the door way when I hear a light knocking. I told the guard not to disturb me. "I love you." I add.