Chapter 111 - I Hate You So Much!

Marshall's P.O.V:
I walk into the guest room that's in the guest house and lean against the door way as I watch Tessa stay seated on the floor with her head in her hands. After a few seconds, I hear her sniff before she looks up at all of the magazines that are spread across the floor infront of her.

"The....28th of may." She whispers to herself as she places the magazine lightly on the floor. "30th of may." She says louder and places the newspaper down next to it. "The 10th of...What do you want?" She asks, making me snap out of my thoughts.

"I wanted to check up on you." I say as I walk further into the room and take a seat on the edge of the bed.

"Well as you can see..." She says as she wipes the corner of her eyes and sniffs. "I'm fine." She finishes. "So you can leave now." She adds before it goes quiet between us.

I stay quiet and watch her sort the magazines out in order as she whispers the dates. They all had Karla's pictures on the front covers and a few with the both of us on the cover.

"When I first met you." She says and looks up at me. Her eyes are glossy and red and her cheeks are stained with tears. "When I first came to Detroit after my attack you asked me what I thought of you." She carries on. "What was my reply? Do you remember?" She asks, making me nod slightly. "What did I say to you?" She asks.

"You told me...That you hate me." I state and let out a sigh.

"Right." She nods. "Now that I know about Karla's illness, I hate you even more." She states.

Go ahead, blame it all on me...

"Tes-" I start and get cut off.

"I don't think i've hated anyone more in my entire life then I hate you right now." She says as more tears run down her cheeks.

Instead arguing back or saying anything, I stay quiet and let her take all the anger she's trapped inside her for the past three months out on me. I don't think I have ever seen her this angry.

"I hate you! I hate you so much!" She shouts. "My friend is dying. She is fucking dying and you hid that from me!" She yells. "Leroy hid it, Paul hid it, Nick hid it, Chris, Karla and all my family and friends all hid it from me!" She screams as she slams the magazine that's in her hand down on the floor. "You wanna know why I hate you the most?" She asks.

Well not really, no.

My eyes follow her as she stands up from the ground. For the last couple of days she's been dressed in a pairs of leggings and tank tops. She hasn't put any make up on and when she doesn't make an effort to dress up, even when she's at home, you know there's something wrong.

"Because I have been living with you for the past three months. Three months Marshall and you haven't said a word!" She shouts. "I've been going insane. Losing my shit and you? You just sat there and watched me beat myself up, trying to make myself remember anything from the last five years." She yells. "You watched me slowly drift away!" She screams. "And you didn't say anything!" She whispers.

"It wasn't my place to tell you about Karla being ill." I state.

"God, every single word that comes out your lips makes me hate you even more." She sighs as she turns her back towards me. "You keep lying to me." She states. Again, I stay quiet. "See....You can't even deny the fact that you're lying!" She snaps as she turn to face me.

"You haven't slept well in the past couple of days-" I start as I stand up but get cut off.

"Well no shit sherlock!" She huffs.

"You're tired...And your mind is all over the place." I carry on talking over.

"My mind has been all over the place since I first woke up but you were too busy hiding shit from me to see." She snaps.