Chapter 43: Battle of O'khasis

•Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color
F/a: Favourite Activity
F/f: Favourite Food
N/n: Nickname
M/n: Mother’s Name

Italics are thoughts…

Your POV

Vylad and I follow Garroth farther away from the Enchanted Forest until I finally ask the question I’m sure both of us want answered, “Who exactly are you leading us to?”

“The thieves from the Thieves Guild,” Garroth replies, “Hurry. We’re almost to their hideout.”

The Thieves Guild…? Why does that name sound familiar?

Vylad frowns. “Those people are dangerous, Garroth. Are you sure about this?”

His brother nods. “We don’t have any other choice. These people know the best way to get inside O'khasis… and they aren’t all bad.”

Suddenly, V’s head starts looking in all different directions.

“Vylad…?” I mutter.

“Hold on.” He then walks up to a bush and yells, “Who’s there?! I know you’re out there!”

“Aw, man. How did you know?” A familiar, female voice responds.

“It takes a lot more than skill to sneak up on me,” Vylad says.

I sigh. “He’s right. Trust me, I know from experience.”

Afterwards, a woman with blonde hair and purple eyes jumps out of the bushes, almost knocking me over. “Woah- Hey, I know you!” My eyes widen, as her name forms in my head.

Amber. W-Wait, Thieves Guild…

Now I know why that name sounds so familiar. When I was still… a slave… we were settled near O’khasis a little before we traveled to Phoenix Drop’s area. There, one of the bandits took my sister and I to the Thieves Guild hideout so he could sell us without even asking Zeel. When he brought us to the Boss, she sent him away. She didn’t want to buy any slaves. Amber and a few other thieves were there and literally threw us out.

And here I thought I wouldn’t think of the bandits ever again…

Amber smiles, patting me on the back. “You’ve been freed, huh? Unless that bandit sold you to these guys too-”

I swipe her hand off of me. “I escaped, thank you very much.” I then step back, away from her.

From the corner of my eye I see Garroth raising an eyebrow before joining the conversation. “Hello, Amber.”

“You again?” Amber asks, walking towards him, “Where’s Aphmau?”

“Not here,” Garroth grunts.

Amber frowns. “That’s too bad. I always love seeing that little hottie. So… what are you doing here?”

“I need you to get us into O’khasis.”

“Why? The last time you were in the city it didn’t exactly go well.”

The blonde man replies, “I know, but we really need to bust someone out of jail.”

Amber smirks. “You got guts; I like it. You’ve got to be really sneaky to pull that off.”

“Considering the person we’re planning to break out, I’m pretty sure being sneaky isn’t going to help,” I say.