Chapter 32: Explosion

•Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color
F/a: Favourite Activity
F/f: Favourite Food
N/n: Nickname
M/n: Mother's Name

Italics are thoughts...

Your POV

It's been a couple of days since Vylad and I became official, and those days may have been the best of my life. I spent most of my time with him in the woods of Phoenix Alliance, holding hands, talking, laughing... and, sometimes, we would just sit and hold each other, enjoying each other's company.

... but, my favorite memory out of all that was our first date...

~Flashback~

"So, Charming Rogue, where are we going today?" I asked as Vylad pulled me through the woods. We stopped randomly and before I had time to react he took off his scarf and handed it to me.

"Put it over your eyes like a blindfold, where we're going is a surprise!" He replied.

I giggled at his enthusiasm as I put the green scarf over my eyes, and that's when I realized how dense it was. I couldn't see anything but green. Vylad grabbed my hand and started pulling me again, but I refused to budge.

"Nope, nope, nope! What if you lead me into a tree?!" I argued.

I heard him chuckle. "Don't worry about it, love, you can trust me! I am not going to let you bump into a tree..."

I sighed. "Ugh... fine. I guess you have to lead me there since I can't see anything."

... if there's anything I learned from that experience, it's that Vylad doesn't stay true to his word.

Just a few minutes of walking blindly through the forest I walk right into a tree and fall over, and can I just say that hurt more than the time I walked into the gate back at Phoenix Drop.

"Oh my Irene, are you okay?!" Vylad asked, panicked.

I rubbed my head, mentally contemplating whether to take the scarf off or not. "What does it look like Mr. I-Am-Not-Going-To-Let-You-Bump-Into-A-Tree?!"

He laughed, grabbing my hand and carefully pulling me to my feet. "I'm sorry, but we've got to keep going. We're almost there. Is your head okay?"

I nodded. "I guess... but I swear if my head meets another tree-"

"It won't, I promise."

Thankfully, this time he kept his promise. We had gotten to our destination safely.

"Alright, we're here..." At once, Vylad took the scarf off my eyes to reveal a small picnic set up in the middle of the woods, where nobody would bother us.

I smiled. The set-up was so cute. There were beautiful flowers surrounding the green and f/c picnic blanket, and there was already food set out for us. The first two things I noticed was f/f, and, of course, Kawaii~Chan's famous chocolate cake.

Vylad gestured to the blanket. "Ladies first!"

I walked over to the blanket and sat down in front of the plate of f/f. Vylad sat next to me, and we ate while talking about our lives and what we were planning for our future. After all, like Vylad said a long time ago, he wants our future to be brighter than the sunset.

After the picnic, it was dark, but before I left Vylad to head home, we shared a sweet, passionate kiss under the moonlight.

It truly was a magical night.