Chapter 1: Beginning As Slaves

A/n: Hello everyone! Welcome to my very first X Reader, which is of my favorite emerald-eyed boy! And, since you're reading this, he must be one of your favorites too~ Anyways, this IS my first X reader so if I get anything wrong, I'm sorry! Enjoy the first chapter! <3

Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color

Italics are thoughts......

Your POV

~15 Years Ago~

I was with my little sister, Owl. (Yeah, I'm self-inserting myself... but, hey, what's better than being my sister?) We were doing random things in front of our house in O'khasis, one of the biggest cities in the Ru'aun Region. She was ten, while I was seventeen. Although, in the middle of a conversation, Owl glanced at the gates. She was silent for a second.

"Owl...?" I questioned. Why did she stop all of a sudden?

"Y/n... have you ever thought about what the world outside the gates is like?" She asked me. We've never been outside the gates of O'khasis before. Anyone younger than 18 weren't allowed to, according to Lord Garte.

I nodded my head. "Lot's of times. Why?"

"Because... I want to go out there."

My eyes widened. "Owl! Are you crazy? You've heard the stories mom and dad tell us about the world out there. There's a forest that people get stuck in forever! Undead people who kill called Shadow Knights!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, but we'll have to face those things sooner or later... and I prefer sooner." Owl's purple eyes gazed up at me. She got her purple eyes and black hair from dad. I got my e/c eyes and h/c hair from mom.

"Pleaseeeeeee?" Owl gave me puppy dog eyes. I couldn't say no to that!

"Ugh, fine! I do want to go out there as well.... We'll go tonight. The guards usually fall asleep at midnight so if we're lucky and no one catches us we can get out successfully." Owl smiled brightly and hugged me.

"I'm so excited!"

Little did we know what was lurking behind those walls...

That night we snuck out with a bit of supplies, food, and other things. Just like I suspected, the guards were asleep at their posts. We snuck past them and just like that we were out.

We ran.

We ran, we ran, and we ran.

To this day, I still don't understand why we ran so far. Maybe it's because we were so curious. We were so excited to be free...

... but that didn't last long.

"We're free!" Owl squealed, laughing. I couldn't help but laugh as well.

Suddenly, I heard a deep, dark laugh from behind us.

We froze, our laughter leaving our mouths.

"Are you sure about that?"

Then we were knocked out.

~Today~

I can't describe how much pain I've been in these past couple of years, and it's all because of that one day. I've been broken, bruised, and it's all because of that... that jerk!

The bandit leader.

The man who's been controlling us ever since that day. We've been the ones cooking, cleaning, washing... I wish I could just run away. I wish I could just go home but... I can't. They'll catch us. They know these places, especially since they're a traveling bandit camp. They know where we are, while we don't even know what direction home is. We're stuck here, maybe for forever.

One could call us slaves. Actually, that's exactly what they call us, and I absolutely hate it.

Slaves for travelling bandits.

I look into Owl's eyes. Once, they were filled with life and hope. Now, they're just dull. I bet it's the same with me. I've given up hope of escaping the bandits' grasp ever since I found out what exactly we were. Currently, we're carrying ALL of their stuff to their new set up, which is near a broken down village. Phoenix Drop, was it? I don't even know anymore. Apparently, there are still people living in that dusty town, so we aren't camping that close.

"Workers!" We hear the bandit leader yell, specifically at us. 

I roll my eyes every time at that term. We didn't choose to work here, we were forced, so technically we're slaves, not workers. The bandits leader doesn't like using "such vile terms", though, so that's what he calls us.

We walked over to him. "Yes?" Owl and I ask in unison, looking down.

On the first day of us "working" here, the bandit leader gave us specific rules to follow. One rule is to not have direct eye-contact with hin, and we follow that rule quite easily. I mean, who would want to stare into their captor's evil eyes?

"Look up." He orders.

 We obey as we look up we to see the leader with a girl beside her.

The bandit leader has seaweed green hair and dark brown eyes. He always says his hair is a natural green, but that's hard to believe. It's obviously dyed. The bandit leader is currently wearing a black shirt and black pants with a dark brown vest over top. His shoes match his hair color.

The girl beside him has dark brown hair, and a black hood with a black mask over her mouth. Everything else is black as well, and a brown satchel hangs from her shoulders. 

"This is Hayley!" The leader declares, his voice rough, almost like grinding stone. "She's a new bandit... and I want you two to come get to know her. In private. Drop the items. The others will be carrying them the rest of the way there. Follow us."

We nod as we drop the items. A bandit with blue eyes and a bandit with grey eyes take the rest of the stuff, both of the bandits in which I know.

Hayley and the bandit leader start leading us somewhere. We hesitantly follow.

I have a bad feeling about this...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n: I hope you enjoyed the first chapter to my new book! If you did, please push that vote button and follow me for more!

~Owl_The_Author