Chapter 9: Our Pasts And Our Future

Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color

Italics are thoughts...

Your POV

Vylad started explaining his past as I sat on the ground.

"Well... I grew up in O'khasis like you did. I had two brothers, Garroth and Zane."

Garroth and Zane... Those were the names that popped into my mind a few days ago... But why would I know Vylad's brothers?

As if reading my mind, Vylad says this, "If you didn't know, I'm Vylad Ro'meave. Garte Ro'meave, my adoptive father, is the Lord of O'khasis so you may recognize our names."

I nod. "Wait... adoptive?"

"Yes. I... My brothers and I share the same mother just not the same father. I was born because of an affair... I really don't want to talk about it." Vylad sighs.

"I understand. Please, continue."

"Okay, as I was saying I'm the Lord's son so my childhood wasn't normal. There were many events that the 'princes' of O'khasis had to attend. Banquets, festivals... But when we didn't have to attend those, my brothers and I were stuck in the castle. I didn't have many friends until I saw a little girl crying outside my window. I went down the vines that were placed directly underneath my window and I went to talk to the girl. I found out she was lost. She didn't know where her parents and sister were so I called out to my brothers. They called for my mother and we ended up taking care of the girl until we found out who her parents were. We all became friends and once she was brought back to her family, my mother brought the girl and her sister back to play almost every day. As we grew up, we all changed and we started spending less time together. One day, the girl and her sister just stopped coming over. I became pretty sad. After that, I got killed." My eyes widened as he said that.

"How... How are you alive, then?"

He sighed. "Y/n... I'm a Shadow Knight. B-But, don't be afraid! I promise I won't hurt anyone."

I nod. "O-okay... As long as you're a kind one."

He smiles. "Good. Anyways, I got killed by a Shadow Knight I had trusted for a few days. He led me to a nether portal and he killed me. Then he brought me to the nether so I could become one of them. I've done... horrible things since. I'm trying to change, though. I'm trying so hard..."

I hug him. He's shocked but he hugs me back. "You're doing great. You know, I trust you and I've only known you for a few days. Changing your ways should be a piece of cake," I say as I let go.

He smiles at me again. "Thank you, Y/n." He clears his throat. "As I was saying, I've done horrible things in the past... including betraying my fellow Shadow Knights. I've killed a few of them in the past and that resulted in me being locked up in the nether. I stayed there until an evil Shadow Knight started invading the place. All the prisoners were let out to fight against him but I ran. I'm a coward, I know... I ran to the overworld and met up with Aphmau. I got let into her group and you know what happens next," Vylad finishes.

"Wow... you've been through a lot..."

"I have, but what have you been through?" I'm quiet. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing... I'm just wondering, can I trust you with this? No one knows what I've been through except Owl."

He nods. "You can trust me. I'm a master secret-keeper."