Chapter 10: Am I In Love?

Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color

*NEW*
F/a: Favourite Activity

Italics are thoughts...

Your POV

Almost a week had past and I had spent almost every day with Vylad. I learned more about him and his personality as each day past. He also learned more about me and my personality. It was nice being able to talk to someone who understood me so well. I have no idea how he does, though. We would usually watch the sunset together. He would always hold my hand. We're so close now... And I'm happy we are. He's such an amazing guy. Sure he can be blunt at times but that's his way of informing people of things.

I was getting ready to go visit him again when Owl came up to me.

"Hey, Owl!" I greet.

"Hey! Um, Emmalyn lent me this book on Lady Irene. I was wondering if you'd like to borrow it? I mean, I already know so much about Irene, it's only fair that you at least know a little bit about her." Owl gave me a book that wasn't very long. 'Divine' was the title.

"Hmm... Okay. I'll read it later," I tell her as I grab a bag full of snacks.

"Alright. Where are you going?"

"I'm going out to visit Vylad. I wanted to do f/a with him."

Owl narrows her eyes. "You're going out to see him again?"

I nod. "Yes, again. I really like hanging around him. After all, he is my friend."

My sister sighs. "Y/n, I really don't want you hanging around him."

"What? Why?!?" I ask, shocked.

"Don't you remember? He threatened you. Don't you think he's I don't know... a bit dangerous?!?" She responds.

I think about what she said for a minute.

She's right... I've been having so much fun with him that I totally forgot his plan to kill me! How could I have been so blind?! I bet he's planning to betray me any day now. I shouldn't go visit him...

But a part of me really wanted to. That was when I realized I loved being around him. I loved to talk to him about my problems, joke around with him, hold his hand...

Wait... am I in love with him???

I sighed when I made my decision. "I'm still going to go see him. I don't know why but he seems so trustworthy... I doubt that he would hurt me in any way."

"Fine. I won't stop you from having fun with him, but don't come crying to me when his Shadow Knight side decides to slash at you with its sword!" Owl snaps at me while walking away.

I sigh again. "Here goes nothing."

I walk to the spot where I always meet him.

"Hey, Y/n!" His face brightens when he sees me.

"Hey!" I smile at him as he puts his arm around my shoulder.

"So, what are we doing today?" He asks.

"We are going to be doing f/a!"

Vylad smiles. "Yes! I always loved doing that."

We start. We do this activity for about an hour until I remember what he said to me a few weeks ago.

"If you even try to go there, I will catch you and I will kill you."

I then abruptly stop.

"Y/n... What's wrong?"

I look down. "Vylad... Are you going to kill me?"

His eyes widened. "No! Why would I do that?"

"You would do it if I tried to go to O'khasis."

Vylad's smile dropped. He has a sad look on his face. "I thought you had forgotten that..."

"I wouldn't forget a death threat. Maybe I would lose the thought of it but it would come rushing back someday," I tell him, "Why would you threaten me?"

"I already told you."

"Yeah, but that explanation didn't make any sense! 'I don't intend to hurt you but I will if it means no one else gets hurt'??? What's that supposed to mean?"

"I don't know, I just needed to make something up on the spot! I didn't want you to get killed so I threatened you to keep you from going! Going to O'khasis is a death wish, you WILL get killed! And then I'll beat myself up over it! I never wanted to kill you, I just wanted to do... something to keep you from going! I care about you, okay?!?!?" He yelled.

We stand in silence for a little bit as I take in the information.

Vylad sighs and takes my hand. I look into his emerald green eyes. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for yelling, I'm sorry for threatening you, and I'm sorry for making you feel like you're in danger," He apologized.

I smiled. "I forgive you."

"Come here," Vylad says putting his arms out. I ran into them and we hugged. I feel this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I have a feeling that it was love.

And I'm not complaining.

I felt safe in his arms. I now know he wouldn't kill me. No way he would. But I just have one last question about him on my mind...

"Why do you care so much?" I ask.

"Let's just say I have some history with girls like you." (🎶YOU AND MEH GOT A WHOLE LOT OF HISTORY!🎶 Sorry, I ruined the moment.)

"Um... Am I interrupting something?" I immediately pull away from Vylad. I look over. Owl is standing there. (And look at that, my OC ruined the moment too!)

"Owl! Uh, you didn't interrupt anything at all! Why are you here?" I ask trying to act as if Vylad and I didn't share a hug just now.

"Kawaii~Chan sent me to get you so you could try some of her cakes but if you guys want to stay with eachother that's totally fine-"

"CAKE?!?" Vylad exclaims.

I laugh. "You love cake, don't you?" I ask.

Vylad nods eagerly. "I haven't had cake in such a long time. KAWAII~CHAN, I'M COMING!" He yells as he runs off into the distance.

I giggle as Owl smirks. "What?" I ask.

Owl smirks even more. "Vylad and Y/n sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G! Hehe!" And she runs off before I could attack her for saying that.

Man, that girl is annoying sometimes.

But I don't think I can deny the butterflies in my stomach when Vylad hugs me...

Am I in love?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*No author's note*