Chapter 14: Not Forgotten

•Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color
F/a: Favourite Activity
F/f: Favourite Food

Italics are thoughts...

Your POV

"Vylad..." I whisper, "I remember everything..."

"What?!" He exclaims, "Wait, wait, no... You can't! That's... That's impossible! You- You can't remember everything in one day...!"

"Test me," I reply.

Vylad sits on a chair that's set beside me. He runs his hand through his hair. "F-Fine. I guess I'll play along...?" He responds, uncertainty in his voice making his statement sound like a question, "What is my favorite thing to do the day before my birthday?" He asks.

I think for a bit. A memory forms in my head.

~Flashback~

It was the day before Vylad's 15th birthday. I was in his room in my pajamas. We were having a 'Before-Birthday-Sleepover' as Vylad likes to call it. Garroth and Zane were in here as well. We were waiting for Vylad. He said he had a surprise for us. Soon, Vylad enters to room carrying a box and smiling. I sigh, knowing what was in the box.

"Vylad, you can't keep stealing your birthday cake! It makes the chef stressed to make two cakes," I tell him.

Vylad continues smiling at me. "Yeah, but this year he's prepared! I saw an extra cake next to this one. They both say 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY VYLAD!' so I'm guessing this one was for me to steal and the other one was for us to eat tomorrow! So... who wants cake?!" Vylad exclaims.

I shrug. "ME!" Garroth and I yell. Vylad laughs.

"I prefer cupcakes but... cake is good too," Zane says. We then start eating.

~Flashback Over~

 I smile, responding to him exactly what was in the memory. "You steal the cake the chef makes the day before, then eat it with me and your brothers. After that, the chef makes another cake which you devour on your actual birthday," I replied sitting up. Suddenly, a horrible pain shoots through my stomach. "Gah!"

"Are you okay?!" Vylad asks, "Lay down. Your stomach is still healing."

I nod and I lay back down. "Continue with your test..."

Vylad sighs. "Alright then. What was my favorite painting in the castle?"

"Oh! I like the one with mom, dad, Garroth, me, and a smiling Zane! I also like the one with us hugging, Garroth holding baby Owl, and another smiling Zane!"  Vylad's childish voice echo's in my mind. I reply to Vylad with the description of the paintings. (If someone can draw these (I could, but I'd ruin it somehow) I'd love you FOREVER.)

Vylad smiles. "O-Okay... let's see if you remember this... Who was my first kiss?" He asks.

I look down remembering who it was. "M-Me..." I stutter out, "And you were mine."

I love this dork, don't I? And he was my first kiss... I...

Is it bad I want to kiss him again?

I lean in without noticing and Vylad leans in too. Our lips were inches apart.

Suddenly, the door opened. "Vylad is she okay-- Y/n! You're awake! Wait a minute... What's happening here?"

I look over to see a certain dark brown haired bandit at the doorway. Vylad quickly pulls away. That's when I notice he's beet red. I'm pretty sure I am too.