Chapter 28: Treehouse

•Key•
Y/n: Your Name
L/n: Last Name
F/n: Fake Name
H/c: Hair Color
H/l: Hair Length
E/c: Eye Color
F/c: Favourite Color
2/f/c: Second Favorite Color
F/a: Favourite Activity
F/f: Favourite Food
N/n: Nickname
M/n: Mother's Name

Italics are thoughts...

Your POV

It's been about a week after the... incident. The others were happy to see me, and, thankfully, none of them asked how I drove away the bandits. Well, none of them except Alec and Owl. Alec was curious from the beginning, and Owl started to become concerned when she saw bruises on my arms that were caused by the bandits gripping them too hard. I just told them that Vylad had helped me big time. That's all I said.

You could call it being secretive, but I don't want anybody getting worried. Besides, what's done is done, there's no use dwelling on the subject.

"Hey, Y/n, you okay? You've just been staring into space..."

That voice takes me back to reality.

I turn to see Owl staring expectantly at me.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I mutter back, staring out the window in our new cabin in what we now call "Phoenix Alliance Island".

After the horrible monstrosity Travis and Laurance had created, Aaron had volunteered to create the houses while Aphmau was gone getting people to help out with the new village. Aaron had helped to make everyone useful - even Laurance and Travis. Speaking of Laurance, Owl has been spending a lot of time with him recently since she and Alec have moved here... they're becoming really close. Maybe, just maybe, they'll become even more. I wish. It'll be nice to see my little sister's crush dating her, finally.

"Y/n, you're doing it again!" Owl exclaims, waving a hand in front of my face. "What's up with you these days? You keep zoning out..." Owl's worried expression soon turned into a smirk. "Are you thinking about Vylad?"

My eyes widen. "What?! No! W-Why would you think that?"

My little sister laughs. "Let's face it, sis, you love him. You always have. Didn't you kiss him when we were younger?"

I blush. "Y-Yeah, but that's when we were young and stupid!"

"So? You still hang out with him the same way. You two are just adults now, that's the only thing that has changed. Well, that and the fact Zane and Garroth aren't here to interfere with your relationship, but that's a good thing! You have plenty of chances to get him alone. I really want you two the start dating..."

"Owl! What the heck? We're just best friends!" I shout.

She smirks. "... but you're not denying that you love him."

I sigh. "Alright, fine, you got me, I love him... but what if he doesn't love me the same way?"

"Oh, trust me, he does."

I raise an eyebrow. "How do you know?"

"I overheard Aphmau telling Laurance about how much Vylad loves you, apparently he told her on the ship. This is your chance to confess, Y/n!" Owl squeals, smiling.

I sigh, smiling, a little bit of hope in my heart. "Maybe I'll do it... only if someday you ask Laurance out."

She blushes. "Okay... fine." Owl then smiles brightly. "EEKKKKKK! MY SISTER IS FINALLY GOING TO HAVE A BOYFRIEND!"

I laugh. "Hey, we don't even know if he actually loves me or not. Aphmau could've heard him wrong."

"True, but, still, I really want you to have someone like him in your life. You've been alone for too long, it's time for you to find someone to settle down with!"