We never stood a chance out there (Chapter 8)

Alex P.O.V. 

It's Friday.

Why do i even have to do this whole "Let's beat up Jack" thing. I just got home from waking up next to Jack. It was nice, like old times. I went in the bathroom and took a shower before recieving a text.

Zack: "Hey man. Meet us at the playground after school."

i rolled my eyes, i guess this just wasnt going to go away on my own. I dont even know why i have to prove myself to him. Throwing on some clothes, I started walking to the door but then my foot collided with an object. I fell to the ground and checked back to see what i fell on. My guitar. Wonderful. Oh shit, right we have that big project to do. Jack wont want to be my partner after whats going to happen today. I got back up and walked out my door, ignoring my mom asking something about breakfast. When i got to school i checked around in the halls to see if i could find my "friends". Then i saw them and they looked at me and walked over. "Hey dude, your part in this is to bring Jack around back after school. You get the first punch." Rian directed his comment to me. I laughed a little bit at disbelief that this is going to happen. "Yeah sure." I said back. Then the bell rang. Thank god. Man i really need a drink since i havent in god knows when. i really don't want to do this. Ive been having conflicted emotions on Jack lately. Seeing Jack in my classes made me want to warn him not to follow me but i had to do what i had to do. The end of the day finally arrived and i went up to Jack at his locker. When Jack saw me he looked confused " Uh, Hi?" he questioned "Hey, so we need to work on our project. I thought we could take the long way home and talk a little bit." I said while having a validating look on my face. Please say no Jack please. "Yeah sure." He grabbed his backpack and followed me out. I opened the back door to the school and saw Rian, Zack and a few other people. I looked back to see Jack startled. He ran back to the door and tried to open it but it was locked. "What the fuck? What's going on here? Alex?!" He asked frantically. I didn't have time to respond when Zack spoke up "Hey Jacky. We just thought that we should test how big Alex's ball are and see if he's turned soft. See he has been lightening up on the beatings but we think you deserve more." Zack smirked. Jack looked at me with his beautiful brown doe eyes. "So.. Alex, you can take the first punch." Rian spoke up. If i don't do this to Jack they will target me. I tried to bring back all of the bad memories that we had between me and Jack but none angered me enough to do what i was about to do. I walked up to Jack and punched him right in the eye as he fell back against the brick wall. Oh shit, what have i done? No Jack im so sorry. I was thinking of an apology and how i was going to stand up to Zack and Rian when they plunged towards him and i just turned away as i heard Jack's cries for help. " Alex... Please..." Jack trailed off. My heart was breaking but i can't do anything about it. I walked away from the school as Jack shouted "Alex! Please! I'm sorry!" but the punches kept on going. I walked all the way back to the old park where Jack and I's tree house is. I crawled in it and touched the walls. Where all of the memories are. I saw the books me and Jack used to read. A tear slipped out of my cheek as my hand was throbbing from the punch. Then another one, then another one until the tears drenched my shirt. I hugged my knees and crawled into the corner and sobbed. I'm so sorry Jack.