You're grinning like a fool (Chapter 7)

Jack P.O.V.

I woke up to the heat of someone else's body pressed against mine. I sat up to see it was Alex. I was confused for a second and then i remembered the period of events happening yesterday with my dad dying. Fuck. Where am i supposed to go? I nudged Alex awake, he sat up with his messy hair. Damn that boy is fine. Ugh Jack, dont think like that. "Heeey" Alex said with his raspy morning voice. "Hi. Uh, why did you stay?" Alex looked confused for a second but then you could practically see the thoughts clear up in his head. "Well you were sleeping on me, you can't really wake up a sleeping Jack." Alex chuckled. "Ah, i see." i nodded, are his eyes puffy? "Alex, were you crying?" Alex hesitated before answering "No haha i was just pretty tired ya know?" Im not buying it. Why was he crying? Thats the real question. "Uh, alright. Well im going to take a shower" I sat up and started to walk away when i felt a grip on my wrist. I turned around to see Alex off the bed in front of me. "Jack, I care about you. Im sorry I left you - " He started "We aren't having this conversation now, Alex." I sighed, why is he even still here? Why would he care how i was doing? He's still the same boy that decides to beat me up and call me names. While i try to pretend it doesnt hurt. "You should probably go." I said before i turned to walk into the bathroom connected to my room. I heard Alex protest before sighing and walking out. I dont like making him leave, I just can't get attached again. 

Flashback

"Grab the flour you dummy!" Jack said. Even though they were in 6th grade, Jack and Alex decided to make cookies while Alex's mom was out.  Jack decided since Alex wasnt moving from his current position of sitting on the counter, he went to grab the flour and put it there. "I need sugar and eggs now! Get on it my other chef!" Alex sighed and went to the fridge. When Alex grabbed the eggs he decided to carry them in his hands, that didn't end very well when he ended up tripping and all of the eggs fell with him. Jack cracked up before Alex shot right back up eggs all over his body. Alex decided to add to the mess by ripping the flour off the counter and took a handful to throw at him eventhough a majority of the flour stook to his hand, some still got onto him. Jack gasped and took some to throw back at him. When all of the flour was spilt everywhere they just laughed and laughed. Alex grabbed Jack's hips and Jack's head whipped back to meet Alex's eyes. Alex connected their lips and for the first time it felt right. Jack wrapped his hand around the back of Alex's neck and grazed his tounge against Alex's lower lip. Of course Alex granted him enterance, their tounges fought for dominance before Jack's won. Soon after their lips disconnected and Jack pulled back and laughed. "You look rediculous" Alex laughed and said "You look even worse!" They both laughed and Alex pulled Jack into a hug. He whispered "I'm sorry for hurting you i wont do it again. Even if im with Zack and Rian"

Jack just shook his head and laughed while standing in the shower, I guess he's always been a liar.