Understanding Part 1

Her eyes try to maul into mine.

"Elska, you need to leave." The Savage stands so I am on his right, shoulder to shoulder.

Shaken

Disbelief

Dangerous

Her eyes tell her tales while my body remains motionless from hearing her name come from his lips.

The wind is ruffling the leaves - the sounds become faint, dull compared with the thundering of my heart. The handle of the ax tightens in her grip to cause the knuckles to go white.

"Tell me you don't love me? I need to hear it!" This female's sound holds pain; she seems wounded. All I can think about is it's time for me to put her out of her misery. That would be compassionate. I hold no kindness, but I still can be sympathetic towards the wounded that can't be healed.

"You have to go." The Savage doesn't answer her question.

"She's my mate." His voice holds painfully steady.

"What about us?" Her jaw shifts to hold her cry inside a mouth that is straight lined with the slightest curve downward. Tears form to pool out dripping down rounded cheeks.

"There is no more us." The Savage's voice is without a bend.

Steady

Strong

No wavering.

She grips her gut with the other hand, trying to take in choking lungfuls of air.

"You won't be able to love him better than me." Her testament makes me cringe.

"I don't plan on it." Throwing my promising voice into the air directly at chest height. Does my sound poke into flesh, cartridge, and bone that surrounds her heart? The passion of hatred spreads across her face, and I know I touched her in the way I wanted to.

"This is for you, so our fight is fair." The ax is thrown hard, sinking its blade in front of my right foot, the miss was intentional. She understands the art of blades.

"When I send you to the Moon, and you are standing in judgment of your mate's eyes, you tell him - no one can love his brother more than you can." A ruffling of ridge fur shifts itself upwards. Silver slides back into it's hidden spot in the folds of silk.

The Wild within is flexing her sound out to establish how the Natural order of things will be.

Posturing the smile of teeth, the flash of fang her way only puffs her up to full standing height of her maturity.

Laceration of vision tears into the other.

Jealousy's scent mingles...

"We have to accept this, she's my mate." The Savage stands stronger.

The female lunges towards me, violence travels fast.

"Stop." A tremor seduces the Wild within from the Alpha that has risen up in his volume. She trips over her feet and stops instantly.

"Go home, now." The octave of sound that has my legs shake, while she tucks her shoulders in with a startled whimper.

"Bessa in the house." His tone reflects his hardness, I keep my eyes on her backing up letting the Wild within flash fang in a genuine threat that this has not come to a conclusion yet.

He doesn't come in until she blends into the darkening forest.

As soon as I hear the click of the door lock, I turn my back to him, preferring to lay in the corner, just trying to breathe regularly. It's impossible because my silent cries hurt my lungs.