Her

Frantically

Two hearts beat syncing in one rhythm.

"What is it between the two of you?" The sound is barely heard over the quivering heartbeat that's rushing through my ears. Just asking this question feels dirty to me.

Silence, a sick, filthy silence encompasses all three of us.

The Nature within me,

crawling

screaming

fighting

to crack the cocoon of skin, to show a War of teeth to this female who is losing the control of her basic emotions.

She provokes me with her breathing.

"Take off these shackles." Holding my wrists out to the Savage who turns his back only to step into her space.

They seem comfortable in the space of each other.

Their shadows touch against the backdrop of fallen leaves that litter the ground in layers of decaying death.

Her eyes are looking into him, a silent crumbling moment for the two of them before she looks away in defeat. Shoulders are slouching, head hanging, tears drip...a pause of a body.

When her head rises again her lips tremble just like my legs are.

The Savage must not like the smell of salt that is sticking to the side of her cheeks? Because it seems his body softens for her.

"Why would you bring me here if you never wanted me?" My voice betrays the calmness I try to portray.

He's still facing her.

The rhythm of their breathing has gone still.

"You're my mate, and I will honor the Moon." He's speaking not to me but to her. She sways in her spot the tears gliding down plump cheeks.

"Did you even want to find me?"

He doesn't answer, and it's my turn to have a small gasp escape a jaw that's trying to clench itself miserably shut.

"You should have just left me where I belong, with my Kin. I want to go home. Please take me home." Again I can't hide the slight beg to my tone. An edge of a cry lingers between the three of us.

"This is your home now. We have to trust in the Moon." He turns around; his eyes hold a shine to them while looking at me.

"I do trust in the Moon; it's you who I have no trust in." Spitting saliva at his feet.

"Why bother to look for me when you never wanted me in the first place?"

"I have a duty to my pack." His words are spoken in the monotone language of repetition.

"What of your duty to your soul?"

"I have Honored you."

"No you haven't, look at you two. No honor in what I am seeing." The shaking structure of my sound shocks even the shell of my ears.

"I have Honored you!" His words are louder than I have ever heard him speak.

"She's my brother's mate. I have taken care of her as what custom dictates me to do." The female wipes away her falling tears.

"Will you still take care of her, now?" The silk clings to my mouth in dampening layers of fabric.

"I must Provide for her until you produce an heir for the Pack." I can't help the way my hand is holding my heart; I feel the beats pounding the inside of my body. I think it's going to explode from the damage that's being done to it.