Day Three - World Population 4.7 Million

Start from the beginning

"I understand" I replied, turning on my heal "But that's not going to stop me!"  I threw over my shoulder on my way out of the door and heading down to Blake's apartment.

I was standing outside of his door when the guys caught up to me.

"You guys don't need to be here.  I'll be fine" I soothed

"You've never seen what Damian can do.  The horrors that he endured for Blake has made him angry and violent.  Even we are cautious when he's about."

Conner's words made me pause this time.  They feared Damian.  They didn't trust him.  So I would be an idiot not to heed their warning.  This really wasn't the best idea when there was a huge chance of me being hurt.  If it was Damian that had pushed me, it was probably because he didn't like me getting close to Blake.  Opening him up for a chance of being hurt and he wouldn't take too kindly to me showing up out of the blue and agitating Blake with the barrage of questions that I had for him.

I lifted my hand and wrapped my knuckles against his door, with three loud knocks.

Guess I was an idiot.

A very red eyed and shirtless Blake answered the door moments later.  His posture hunched and his feet dragging against the polished cherry hardwood.

"Are you high?" I blurted, my mouth engaging before my brain once again

"What the fuck it's got to do with you?!"  His deep voice growled at me.  The vibrations bringing back the memories of his groans and thrusts from earlier.  If my heart was beating, my cheeks would be flushed berry red right now.

"Damian?" I whispered unsure, testing the waters before diving right in.

"Fuck no!  And don't fucking talk to him it's hard enough fighting his control as it is"  He glanced over my shoulder at a guilty looking Conner and Jay as my words resonated with him.

"You fucking told her?!" He asked incredulously. Betrayal marring his face.

I spun on the guys pointing an accusatory finger at them.

"He didn't know you were telling me!  I told you that was his story to tell in the first place but to do it against his wishes is a dick move guys"  at least they had the decency to look ashamed and properly chastised.

"We thought it was best you knew-"

"Save it." I cut them off before turning back to apologise to Blake for being outed against his wishes.  I knew what it was like to have someone take control away from you, how much it sucked.  And that's what they did to Blake, they took control of his secret and from the little I knew of him he coveted control.  At least now I know why, even though I shouldn't.  Not until he was ready to tell me.

I braced myself for the angry look on his face but instead he actually looked impressed.  I must have been spot on with my lecture.

"S'pose you better come in then"

He took a step back giving me room and holding the door open for me as I entered.

His apartment was nice.  Cosy, like mine. But knowing what I know now, I could tell there were two people and very different personalities living here.  The walls and sectional couch were a light grey and looked very neutral, calm and classy against the shiny cherry hardwood floor.  Obviously, Blake's taste.  But Damian's influence was seen in shocking bursts of blood red accessories.  From paintings, to throw pillows and to the rug in the centre of the floor.  A stark contrast to the grey backdrop.

Taking a seat on the sectional, I stared at the glass bong and the ashtray with a handful of joint butts on the coffee table as I waited for Blake and the guys to join me.  I idly wondered if he had smoked all of that today.  The room was slightly smoky and smelled of weed but not enough to suggest that he'd be medicated that much.  There was enough paraphernalia on the table to take down a rhino.  But his eyes did tell me that he'd had a fair amount.