Day Seven - The Cure

JACKSON CARTER

I stood awestruck as Agnes threw her arms around a now lucid Blake.  Instinctively, my hands gripped Blake's arms tighter when I felt them begin to fight against my hold once again.  It took a second for my brain to realise that he wasn't going to attack, he was just trying to reciprocate her hug.  Loosening my grip, I released his arm.  Connor, reflecting my movements.

Once he was free he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her tightly to him.  His shoulders were shaking so hard that I was afraid he was having another seizure, but when he turned his face my way, silent tears were streaming down his cheeks as he sobbed.  A painful lump lodged in my throat at the sight.  His eyes darted up to mine, flooring me.  One an almost black and one a golden hazel, his eyes were both his and Damians, I had never seen anything like it.

"Erm, guys?!" Agnes spoke alarmed just as Blake's legs buckled underneath him and his body gave out.  His weight nearly taking Agnes down with him as she struggled to hold him up.  Connor and I both darted forward grabbing him once again and pulling an arm each around our shoulders taking his weight from Agnes.  We took him back in to the bedroom where we laid him out on the bed, propping him up with the pillows.

Tired eyes and a weak smile stared back at us in thanks as we pulled the comforter over his body.  He looked so young, so vulnerable.  Almost like a new born.

"Can I get you anything, Man?"  I asked, wanting to do something to help but not sure what.

"Nah, I'm good."  He rasped as if using his voice for the first time.  "I just want to curl up with our girl and take a nap."  He turned to smile at Agnes, but it quickly faded when he took in the state of her neck.  There was a good four inch ragged chunk missing from the crook of her neck, thankfully like her nose, it didn't bleed much.  Even though her shirt still had a good coating of it around the affected shoulder.  Agnes winced from the look on Blake's face, knowing exactly what he was thinking.

"D-Did I do that?"  He stuttered, pointing to her neck already disgusted with himself.  The answer was going to destroy him.

"No."  She says definitively, surprising us all.  Connor and I shared a confused look, we had dragged him off of her, dragging her flesh between his teeth with him.

"It wasn't you-" She continued.  "That, wasn't you."  She emphasised.

"But it was-"

"I won't hear it, Blake!"  She cut him off.  "Just like you and Damian have separate personalities, think of that as a third.  Neither of you were in control, were you?"  She looked at him pointedly, waiting for an answer.

"No, but-"

"So if you have no memory of what happened and you weren't in control of your actions then in essence, you weren't there.  So how could it be your fault?"

Blake just laid there with his mouth open staring at the enigma that was Agnes LeFay, completely unable to answer.

"She's got your there, Man."  I said laughing with a shrug.  He wisely relaxed back into the pillows not fighting this any further and only giving her an exasperated eye roll even though I could clearly see the amusement he was trying so hard to deny on his face. 

"Come on-"  I beckoned Agnes, nodding my head towards the bedroom door.  "Lets get you patched up so you can get back to Blake.  Nurse Connor will take good care of him while I take care of you."  She nodded in resignation.

"Hey dude!  Where's the rectal thermometer?"  Connor shouted at me on the way out of the door, earning him a quick "Fuck you!" and what sounded like a slap.  It warmed my insides at hearing the banter when only five minutes ago I thought I never would ever hear it again.  I sighed in contentment as I grabbed Agnes around the waist, pulling her into my side as I passed and together we both headed out and in to the living room.

Dead Clinger (Zombie Reverse Harem) Book 1 Of 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें