Day One - Dusk - World Population 3.6 Billion

AGNES LEFAY

When I was first given this slightly threadbare, slightly sagging couch I thought it was huge and the perfect size for my apartment.  I thought that due to it's size and the limited number of people I care about that this couch would be all that was needed to seat the few visitors that would possibly come over to see me.  So much so, that I didn't even bother taking the matching recliner that was offered with it.  My living room wasn't all that big anyway.

But right now, sat between two six foot something mountains of hunkdom.  It felt absolutely tiny and I was seriously having second thoughts about turning down that armchair.  The moment I sat in the centre of the couch and tugged down Conner's shirt over my exposed thighs; they both converged on me and sandwiched me tightly between them, giving me not one inch of wiggle room.  There was literally no room between us.  Although, I did have a sneaking suspicion that if I could actually see past their very well toned chests that there would be at least a foot of free space either side of them.  Bastards.

"I've text Blake, asking him to bring over some supplies" I only half listened to Jay as I mentally re-planned my living room, hoping to magic up some space to fit a recliner. "I told him, i'd explain why when he came over"

"And where the hell is he going to sit?" I mused making Connor chuckle

"What are you talking about, Red?"  He patted the cushion next to him "there's plenty of room"

"I knew it!  You assholes!"  I chastised "Now move the fuck over and give me some damn breathing room!" I shoved on his shoulder.

"Nah, I'm good right where I am"  

Connor stretched his arm over the back of the sofa and then across my shoulders, pulling me into his side. Earning him a swift and sharp elbow to the gut.

"Umph" he grunted, removing his arm from around me and then wrapping it around his stomach instead.

"Kittens got claws" he coughed "I like it"

His grin turned devilish before a slap at the back of his head, effectively wiped it from his face.

"Yes!  Thank you!" I whooped, turning to give Blake a high five over the back of the couch before I remembered he was a miserable dick and my right hand was now hanging pathetically in the air.

"Ok then..." I trailed off, making a move to twist back around in my seat before his gaze snapped to mine, his intense stare stealing my breath away.

"How the fuck is she alive?!" he demanded, pointing an accusatory finger at me

"Dude!  You didn't tell him?" Conner asked of Jay

"It's not really something you can put in a text"  he shrugged innocently.

"Care to explain why a dead girl is now sat almost naked on the couch wearing nothing but Conner's shirt, trying to give me a fucking high five?!"  His dark brown almost black eyes raked down my body before raising a judgemental eyebrow when it got to where the shirt had ridden up my thigh again.

That one look made me feel dirty, like I'd done something wrong.  I tugged down the shirt, my shoulders sinking in embarrassment before I mentally slapped myself for being an idiot.  I hadn't done anything wrong.  These men were in my apartment and two of them intruded into my bathroom while I was bathing.  I didn't ask for this.  This wasn't my fault.  Whatever this was.

My spine straightened and my shoulders pushed back, rubbing slightly against Jay.  His heat seeping into my skin.  It felt good and it boosted my bravado.