Grocery Shopping and Movie Watching

The next morning I woke up around 9:00. I stumbled lazily to the kitchen and put on the kettle, making toast and tea. I read through the comics at the island until Abby woke up. I left her to her breakfast so I could shower. I thoroughly enjoyed the smell of my citrus soap and the feel of the hot water. Grudgingly I exited the shower and changed into skinny jeans and my Doctor Who shirt. I also slipped on my pair of lion socks, which I love very much. They're ankle socks, but with a lion face printed on them. I heard Abby talking to me from living room so I walked in to see what she wanted.

"Avery!! WE HAVE NO FOOD!" she whined.

"Go to the shop," I said simply.

"No! I went last week. It's your turn now."

I rolled my eyes. I went with her last week when she insisted she could't carry all the bags back to the flat. Though I really do enjoy going, even if I complain.

" 'K. I might stop to get lunch if I take a while at the grocery."

"Text me."

"Yup," I replied, pulling on a jumper.

"Hey-One more thing. You got home late last night. I might have been getting worried," she said in a joking manner.

As much as we tease each other, Abby is my best friend and partner in crime. Neither of us could live without breaking something together at least once a month.

"Oh yeah, I made a friend at Starbucks."

"Really? Some other crazy weirdo?"

"Uh huh, his name is Liam. You know, the vlogger I showed you a while back?"

"The cute one?"

"No, no, the other one," I laughed. Abby refers to vlogger Charlie McDonnell as 'cute'. "Well, I'm gonna go now," I said, not wanting to hear Abby talk about Charlie for an hour. "Lates."

I walked to the shop, my messenger bag swinging by my hip. I was wondering how I was going to manage to get all the bags back from the supermarket, but then my phone buzzed in my pocket. It was a text from Liam

Sleep at all last night?

Yup. I guess the tea and the walk did the trick.

That's good. Whatcha doing now?

Abby insisted it was my turn to go to the shops, so I'm locating groceries. Might go for lunch later.

Oooo! Can I come?

Why would you want to come grocery shopping with me? I mean, sure, I guess. If you wanna.

'Cause then I get lunch! Duh. XD Anyway, see you in a bit.

Liam found me in the juice aisle. I was attempting to decide between cranberry and grape juice. I already had a cart full of food and some shampoo, so this was my last stop.

"Grape. Obviously," I heard from behind me.

"Hello to you, too. But you honestly think so? I'm kinda feeling cranberry..."

Liam shrugged.

"You know what, screw it. I'm buying both," I concluded, chucking both bottles into the cart.  Liam laughed , but I just glared back, giving him a friendly punch on the arm. "Don't mess with me and my juice, dude. I'll end up spilling half of each bottle at some point, anyway," I stated, and it was true. I'm so accident prone I'm practically a public saftey hazard.