XL. Please, Daffney

Kabanata 40

Please, Daffney

Darlin's POV

We cuddled and slept after that, dahil hindi ko alam kung bakit, pero napagod kami. It was nice feeling this again, after years. Having her by my side again. Being with her again. Damn... sobrang nakaka-miss.

If only I could stop time... I would, sana ganito na lang kami. I just want to stay like this forever. Magkayakap... and me, staring at her angelic face while she's sleeping.

Magiging selfish ba ako kung kikidnapin ko na siya, itatakbo at itatago na para kami na talagang dalawa?

She's just sleeping peacefully. Damn it, ang ganda. Seeing her like this makes me finally at peace too. I just hope that she'll be happy in every second of her life.

She fits perfectly in my hands and in my arms. Ang sarap niya talagang yakapin. My heart's filled with so much joy because we are finally here... we are finally home.

I'm with my home.

Alalang-alala ko na una ko siyang nakita sa elite club. For the past twenty years of my life, I've always been searching for something or maybe... someone else. Something has always been missing.

Loud vibrating music, the screams of people, disco lights striking in each side of the room, but in that moment... kahit magulo, kahit maingay, kahit wala akong maintindihan—one thing was very clear for me.

'Cause the moment that I looked at her... I finally discovered my life's purpose and that was loving her.

Home is wherever I'm with her.

"Darlin? Ano'ng oras na?" tanong niya pa habang kinukusot niya ang mga mata niya.

"Hmm... seven?" I guessed.

"What?" kaagad naman siyang napabangon. Why? Maaga pa naman ah?

"Ang tagal kong natulog!" she said.

"Medyo... but, it's fine, you still need to see the magic," I said as I winked at her.

"Hmm, ano ba 'yun?" she asked. Umupo na rin ako sa tabihan niya bago ko siya inakbayan.

"This..." I clicked the remote control and it revealed the magic. Ang pinaka-pinaghirapan kong gawain sa lahat.

I glanced at her... she was in awe. Just the reaction I expected from her. At nakita ko din na  tumulo na ang mga luha niya.

I know you already knew the meaning of this...

"God..." she said as she looked at me. "Sometimes, you're really too much, Darling. You really are full of surprises," at niyakap niya ako sa tagiliran.

I made her face me. At pinunasan ko na ang mga tumutulo niyang luha.

"Don't cry... okay?" I said. "I love you... You are my one and only wife," I said as slowly... my lips met hers.

I kissed her making her feel she's really the only one... making her feel all my love for her that never wavered.

After that, itinuon ko na ang noo ko sa noo niya. Her eyes were closed and she's crying again.

"I think I don't need this anymore..." I told her.

Tumingin siya sa akin at bahagyang nagtaka. Itinuro ko sa kanya 'yung magic.

Ginawa ko iyong ceiling ng kwarto namin na glass para makita niya palagi ang mga bituin, so that she'll always remember me. Una pa lang, alam na alam ko na na gusto niya talaga ang mga bituin. She have always loved constellations and stars.

"Why? It's magical, Darling."

I kissed her swiftly nce again.

"This is more magical..." I said as I cupped her face and looked straightly into her eyes. "Because, Daffney... just looking at your eyes, I could see the whole galaxy. I could see the world. I could see all the constellations... I could see us... and I think, nothing's more magical than that."

Sinimangutan niya ako pero maya-maya pa ay umilay na rin ang ngiti sa labi niya. "I love you so much, Darling. Promise... I'll never run away again. I'll only run away if it's with you... I'll never leave you."

Niyapos niya ulit ako.

It felt really really nice.

"I love you more..." I said as we shared another kiss again.

* * *

It was already past eleven when we decided to go home. I was driving when a thought suddenly entered into my mind once again. I think... I'll never be at peace, kung hindi ko malalaman ang katotohanan tungkol dito.

"Daff..." I called. I could see in my peripheral view that she glanced at me. "I... I just want to ask you something."

"Hmm, ano 'yun?"

"Is... Drae my d-daughter?" my breathing hitched while asking that question once again.

Kinakabahan ako, kasi baka ganoon nanaman iyong sagot niya sa akin. Kinakabahan ako kasi... matatanggap ko ba si Drae kung hindi ko nga siya anak? Kung anak siya ni Daffney sa ibang lalaki? Ano ang gagawain ko?

Siguro naman... matatanggap ko.

That's how much I love you.

"Darlin... Drae is..."

She sighed. "Drae is not yours..."

I lost my focus. My mind suddenly went blank. She's... not mine. Hindi ko anak si Drae. Anak siya ni Daffney sa ibang lalaki... I couldn't process anything right now.

"She's o— Darlin!"

I slowly opened my eyes. I felt an excruciating pain in my head and in my legs... then, I just saw Daffney hugging me... her face was full of blood and she wasn't breathing anymore.

Fuck.

"D-daff... please... wake up..."

She didn't move. She didn't respond. I just felt myself crying until everthing went black.

Fuck... please, Daffney, don't leave me all alone once again...