Chapter Sixteen | The Unveiling

This book is based and inspired by the Originals, with a tinge of the Vampire Diaries. I suggest that you watch the shows to understand some occurrences.

All rights go to The Originals television show on the CW, and Lisa Jane Smith (the author), except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination. PLEASE DO NOT COPY, OR ELSE YOU'LL BE REPORTED.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IF ANYONE IS COPYING SECTIONS FROM THIS BOOK THAT ARE OF MY INVENTION, PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

(EDITED)

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

The song of the chapter is: Runnin' by Adam Lambert

Steel to my trembling lips, 

How did the night ever get like this?

One shot and the whiskey goes down, down, down.

Bottom of the bottle hits,

Waking up my mind as I throw a fit.

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

           CHAPTER SIXTEEN - THE UNVEILING

      I WHIP AROUND AND frantically start hyperventilating, a bead of sweat rolling down my face. I have felt so exposed in my life. Being scared does not even begin to describe the fear running through me. The horror was so . . . cold, like glacial fingers running up and down my spine, my vision was hazy and sharp at the same time as though my brain could not put its finger on which chemical to choose. My fingers start shaking, and I feel a flash of disgust as my body betrays me.

      All of my senses are suddenly hyper-aware of everything, from the man standing in front of me, to the birds chirping happily above us. This scenery feels wrong, I feel wrong; out of place. The tiny calm place in some region of my brain is yelling at me to vamp-out and run, run, run like I had nearly a thousand years ago. But my limbs are frozen, but not out of my dread ― but because I cannot. It is like all my vampiric abilities have failed me. Once again, a flash of disgust races through me.

     He doesn't speak, he just stands there, in his Armani suit, calmly gazing at me. I swallow what little saliva I have left, and just quietly stand there in my cotton dress, words failing me. Thud. Thud. Thud.

     Finally, after what seemed like an aeon, he speaks. "I knew there was something about you, something like her."

     A light breeze strolls through the meadow, ruffling the ends of my hair slightly. "How?" I utter. Elijah keeps his mouth shut and walks towards me, careful and deliberate, as though he was wary that I would try and escape. Thud. Thud.

     "I was never sure. In fact, I was not even sure when I pulled you into this mirage. But I suspected you."

      Thud.

     Thud.

       I manage to bend my skin to form a puzzled expression. "You looked so very scared when we met at the La Fayette Cemetery all those weeks ago. At first, I thought it was because of your natural vampiric instincts, because you recognised me as an Original." Elijah walks around me, scanning every little bit of me.