Chapter Thirteen | The Devil in Disguise

This book is based and inspired by the Originals, with a tinge of the Vampire Diaries. I suggest that you watch the shows to understand some occurrences.

All rights go to The Originals television show on the CW, and Lisa Jane Smith (the author), except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination. PLEASE DO NOT COPY, OR ELSE YOU'LL BE REPORTED.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IF ANYONE IS COPYING SECTIONS FROM THIS BOOK THAT ARE OF MY INVENTION, PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

(EDITED)

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

The song of the chapter is: Dance with the Devil by Breaking Benjamin

Here I stand, helpless and left for dead,

Close your eyes, so many days go by,

Easy to find what's wrong, harder to find what's right.

I believe in you, I can show you that I can see right through all your empty lies.

I won't stay long, in this world so wrong.

Say goodbye, as we dance with the devil tonight.

Don't you dare look at him in the eye, as we dance with the devil tonight

Trembling, crawling across my skin.

Feeling your cold dead eyes, stealing the life of mine.

I believe in you, I can show you that I can see right through all your empty lies.

I won't last long, in this world so wrong.

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

          CHAPTER THIRTEEN — THE DEVIL IN DISGUISE

     "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I question Hayley, who is currently eavesdropping on the conversation, or rather, war strategy planning, between the Original siblings and from what I could gather, Sophie.

        Hayley jumps and whips around, a hand clutching her chest. I can hear her heart beating erratically and I cannot help but smile contentedly; there was a certain joy in frightening people. Is it not part of the job description of being a vampire?

       "W-what the hell? You scared the crap out of me!" She gasps. I saunter over to her, gliding a finger on the mahogany table next to us. "So I gathered." I say dryly. "Didn't you know that it was rude to pry?"

       Her expression changes and I know what she is going to ask me. Guilt wells up in me again, and my jaw clenches as a result. I did not want to deal with the issue of my location at this very minute. "Melissa, where were you? I mean, I was calling you all day and —"

       I cut her off. I did not need people to know more about me than they already did, seeing as you-know-who was in the other room. And I am most definitely not talking about Voldemort. Please, I could wring his neck again and again and do the same to his horcruxes. Or . . . I could compel him to be my evil lieutenant and rule over the Wizarding World.