Chapter Twenty Eight | Turning Tables

This book is based and inspired by the Originals, with a tinge of the Vampire Diaries. I suggest that you watch the shows to understand some occurrences.

All rights go to The Originals television show on the CW, and Lisa Jane Smith (the author), except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination. PLEASE DO NOT COPY, OR ELSE YOU'LL BE REPORTED.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IF ANYONE IS COPYING SECTIONS FROM THIS BOOK THAT ARE OF MY INVENTION, PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

(EDITED)

             ________ ♛♛♛         ________    ♛♛♛  ________    ♛♛♛

The song of the chapter is: Turning Tables by Adele

           Under haunted skies I see you,

           Where love is lost your ghost is found,

          I braved a hundred storms to leave you,

          As hard as you try, no, I will never be knocked down.

             ________ ♛♛♛         ________    ♛♛♛  ________    ♛♛♛

           CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT― TURNING TABLES

     EVERYTHING APPEARS TO BE cloaked underneath a bubble of water. The maelstrom of liquid buries into my ear canal, and I slump on my chair. I stare at my palms and rub my wrists as the barely susceptible conversation around me flows. But it's just inanity, asinine arguments that just went around in a never ending cycle.

        "We sedated her too heavily." Elijah observes. "Well, if this is her sedated, I'd hate to see her otherwise. We all agreed that Davina must be sacrificed. There's no need to let her blow the roof off our heads in the meantime." Nik objects. A small flame of indignation flares somewhere in the region of my stomach, but I still feel too numb to think properly.

       "No way! You're not touching her!" Marcel shouts, before punching Nik in the face. I feel him stare at me, like he expected me to agree with him, and I did, but I just did not have the energy to even contribute to the conversation. In total candidacy, why should I protect Davina? I'd only grown remarkably close to her in the last two days. I'd probably forget about her soon; after all, I did experience many loved one's deaths.

     But I knew the truth. She reminded me of Emmanuel so much that it was uncanny. In a bizarre sense, it would ease my conscience to know that since I wasn't able to save my brother, I could save her. Besides, her situation, manipulated by people she loved and used countless times ― she was like a younger, brattier version of me.

       "Marcel, no one wishes to see Davina come to harm less than I, but there is no scenario here in which we simply wait this out. She's going to die." Elijah pacifies Nik's former protégé, placing a hand on his shoulder. Marcel shrugs him off, rubbing his head.