Chapter Twelve | The Voice of the Witches

This book is based and inspired by the Originals, with a tinge of the Vampire Diaries. I suggest that you watch the shows to understand some occurrences.

All rights go to The Originals television show on the CW, and Lisa Jane Smith (the author), except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination. PLEASE DO NOT COPY, OR ELSE YOU'LL BE REPORTED.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IF ANYONE IS COPYING SECTIONS FROM THIS BOOK THAT ARE OF MY INVENTION, PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

(EDITED)

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

The song of the chapter is: Giants by Ella Henderson

I know what it's like to be falling small,

In a corner with your back up against the wall.

Caught up in a trap and you can't get out,

I know what it is when it's hard to breathe.

'Cause you turn into your own worst enemy,

Blaming everything on yourself right now.

And even the best get it wrong sometimes,

We take a left when we should have turned right.

Don't let the fear keep you from climbing,

And if you fall to the ground just keep trying,

Head up in the clouds, never looking down,

Nothing's gonna stop us this time round,

We could be giants, whoa, you and I,

We could be giants, giants oh.

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

          CHAPTER TWELVE - THE VOICE OF THE WITCHES

     THE HUM OF THE engine dies down as I twist the metal key. I sit back for a few moments, just swallowing in the calming view, scanning it for potential threats. Satisfied, I double check in my compact mirror to make sure that my signature ruby red lipstick is intact before I lead myself out of my vehicle.

       I smile as I feel the familiar cool air breezing through the area, hitting my skin. As beautiful as the Mikaelson Mansion was, I missed this little suburb, what with its white picket fences and posh homes. I make my way leisurely to the door and knock sharply, the contact of the wood against my skin making deep thud thud noises.

     The door swings open, not making a single noise; its hinges were well lubricated. I scoff internally. Of course, this was only to add to the pretence that this family were normal. They were anything but. In fact, if it were up to them, this house would be brimming with antiques.