Chapter Fourteen | Eyes Art the Windows to the Soul

This book is based and inspired by the Originals, with a tinge of the Vampire Diaries. I suggest that you watch the shows to understand some occurrences.

All rights go to The Originals television show on the CW, and Lisa Jane Smith (the author), except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination. PLEASE DO NOT COPY, OR ELSE YOU'LL BE REPORTED.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IF ANYONE IS COPYING SECTIONS FROM THIS BOOK THAT ARE OF MY INVENTION, PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

(EDITED)

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

The song of the chapter is: Let Me Go by Avril Lavigne (feat. Chad Kroeger)

Love that once hung on the wall,

Used to mean something, but now it means nothing.

The echoes are gone in the hall,

But I still remember, the pain of December.

Oh, there isn't one thing left you could say,

I'm sorry it's too late.

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

          CHAPTER FOURTEEN - EYES ART THE WINDOWS TO THE SOUL

     USUALLY I WOULD HAVE found the noise of the cars honking in the middle of the night annoying. But here, huddled on the steps, with the distant thump of music and laughter, and the crickets singing under the blessing of the moon, it was almost tranquilising.

     Before I became a vampire, we were taught to believe that the night was evil, filled with creatures ready to gut you open and relish over the sight of your splattered blood, with macabre eyes deadened with the abysses of hell. Of course there were a few sceptics, but they always believed in the end, because they would hear the spine-chilling ululating of the monsters at night.

     Now I find the darkness soothing, beautiful. It's filled with the unknown and danger, and it gives me the thrill - the good kind . But I know I can always protect myself. It's a caressing black, like never-ending velvet. The chill air keeps your eyes open, to capture reflections of light, of the glimmer of glass.

      "What are you doing out here, love?"

     I look up and give him a soft smile. "I could ask you the same thing. I mean, you seemed to have fun with Cami." My voice cracks slightly at the end and I fidget with my fingers.

     "Cami's just a means to an end, Melissa." I look back down at the scenery and can't help but feel a spark of contempt towards Camille. "Good." I say blandly, but not hatefully. I feel like I want to say more, but I keep my mouth shut.

      I sense the air shift as he sits down on the steps beside me. I feel his gaze scorching me at the side of my head, and automatically, I turn to glance at him. But as I do, our eyes seem to drink at the sight of each other, catching. The tips of his blonde hair seem to grab onto the lights, creating an illuminating halo. His eyes are the bluest I've ever seen, seeming more clear in the chilly air, reflecting the white fairy lights that are draping on the streets.