Chapter Thirty | Sacrilegious Sacrifice

This book is based and inspired by the Originals, with a tinge of the Vampire Diaries. I suggest that you watch the shows to understand some occurrences.

All rights go to The Originals television show on the CW, and Lisa Jane Smith (the author), except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination. PLEASE DO NOT COPY, OR ELSE YOU'LL BE REPORTED.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IF ANYONE IS COPYING SECTIONS FROM THIS BOOK THAT ARE OF MY INVENTION, PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

(EDITED)

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

   The song of the chapter is: Sacrifice by Zella Day

I don't wanna be touched by the fear in your eyes,

I don't wanna be left for my demons to find,

When the leaves are gone and the beating's sung,

Brings the world bang drums.

Be a dose of protection through the blood and the tears,

If you losing yourself, then my body is here.

I will find you in a burning sky

Where the ashes rain in your mind.

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

          CHAPTER THIRTY ― SACRILEGIOUS SACRIFICE

     THE WIND BITES AT my cheeks, and I bow my head forward, sucking in an airful of the cold. It felt good, like it was cleansing me of some impurity.

     If only it were that easy.

     "Let's go through here; I know a short cut." I tell Aaron. He nods his head and we stuff our hands in our coats as we duck down an alley.

     For the past few minutes we had been completely silent. But it wasn't devoid of talk, awkward and stiff. It was more reverent, thoughtful. My head was buzzing from all the occurrences since this morning and I am fairly certain his was too.

     With a light, floating feeling, I smile for the first time in weeks. I had a true friend.

     And for the first time in hundreds of decades, he wasn't compelled to. He wasn't compelled to keep a secret, or obliged to do something for me. It was simple, pure friendship.

     Hayley entered the stomas of my mind. She is my friend. I trust her. She knew me for me.

     Or at least, I used to.

     At least she thought she knew me.

     I used to believe that she had my best interests at heart, but she would choose to be stuck in her boat of anger towards me, never accounting that for once, I was in need for a shoulder to lean on.