Chapter 11- Past

Jesse

I woke up from the sound of the birds outside the window. I open my eyes and the sun ray's blinding my eyes from the harshness of its light.

I squint my eyes but I slowly open them after I adjusted from the glare of it. I smile knowing that it will be a good day since it is Sunday and I know that Kristoffer is free which I hope is true because he may busy.

I just wish we can have some fun time for ourselves. I just want to roam the whole castle because I have heard that there is a garden, a very big and beautiful garden on the back of the castle before the forest line start. I have just heard it from the other folks but I wish it is true.

"Good Morning meine liebe, what are you thinking? My wolf sense that you are some kind in a distress", he said as I looked at him. I put my head back on his chest and nuzzle his broad chest.

"I just want us to go outside today", I said as I sit up, "I want us to enjoy the breezy autumn day", I say as I remove myself from him and sitting up.

"Okay", he said as I feel his chest on my back and wraps his arms around me, "We can do that since it is not usually busy this day since many people are resting now". He said as he stand up leaving me in the bed. I looked at him, his muscles flexing from his stretching.

"Come on now, the breakfast should be on downstairs now", he said as he grabs his black robe with his initials embedded on the chest area above his heart covering his naked self. I nodded then stand up and followed him towards the dining room of the castle.

The dining room in the castle is big, humongous if I may. Ray of light shun in the windows of the castle making the whole thing like a scene out of a fairytale book. Though this is real life and I am with the king.

There are people standing in the beside the two doors. Specifically, two maids and butlers dressed in their appropriate attire stood on the two doors that the dining room have. A long table with many plates and utensils on the top. And chairs that have a leather seat on them which is dyed burgundy.

"Come on now meine liebe, I know that you are impressed with the whole thing but we should eat our breakfast now, don't want our food to be cold aren't we? Right?", he said looking down at me with amusement in his eyes. I smiled at him and nodded.

I sit on the table on the right of him. He picks up his chalice that is placed in front of him and began drinking it. Then he grabs a loaf of wheat bread and bites it off rather largely. Then I saw he is eating ham and eggs, though it is mostly ham. And he had a rather large portion.

Not wanting to be a creep, I began eating my meals, which just like him, composed of bread, a wheat bread, which for starters is rather different for me as a peasant since we have rye. I take a bite out of it and a felt the smooth texture which is rather comforting unlike the coarser bread in our home.

"What did Mark tell you last night about your job?", he said as he munches on his ham.

"He said that I will help the Alpha, which you are in leading the pack and the becoming the Queen beside you to help you to rule over the kingdom", I said and he smiled. He pick up a ham and eggs and starts munching on it.

"Well that's good", he said stopping as he drank the beer on his chalice, "But you will also help myself in controlling my wolf that resides within me. You know he is a very powerful, a hard one to contain. Just from his size, you would already know that he is a powerful one", he said then starts eating his meal.

I nodded then continue eating my bread. It got me thinking, how can he had a rather large wolf compared to others? Though I have not seen others wolves, I know that he is big.