13

Minho was freaking out.

"She should be back. She should be here. They said it would take a few minutes but Rie isn't back yet." He mumbled to himself as he paced back and forth.

"Calm down, man. The shank can handle herself." Winston advised.

"But they said she would be back. What if they're hurting her? What if WCKD broke in and found her? What if-"

"Shut you bloody mouth, Minho. We're all worried but your bloody mumbling isn't helping us." Newt cut him off, sending his judgemental look Minho's way. Minho sighed and sat on his bed. He didn't like the fact that Marie was gone.

"I'm sorry." He sighed. There was then a knock on the door. Minho sprung to his feet to answer it and was gladly surprised to see Marie in front of him. He hugged her as soon as he registered who it was. She hugged back tightly, but for more than just the few hours they'd been apart. She hugged him for the years.

She then walked over to Newt and hugged him tightly too and then Thomas, mumbling a thank you to him. It confused him, but he accepted it.

"What were they doing that took so long?" Newt asked.

"They mixed my files up with someone else's. Nothing really.. I'm.. okay. I think. I can still walk and talk.. and think alright enough so.. it's good. I'm back with you guys. I'm with you guys." Marie answered, wrapping up in Minho's arms again. Minho sent a look at Newt, as if pointing out Marie's weird behaviour. Newt nodded at Minho.

Marie was acting differently, even Thomas noticed that. She kept looking around nervously once having stepped back from Minho. She seemed to believe she was being watched and seemed quite scared.

Frypan hopped down from his bed and gave Marie a hug too. A chuckle left her lips and she honestly sounded happy in that moment.

She didn't know Frypan well before the Maze, so even though the Maze was a terrible experiment she was happy to have made a friend.

It was weird for Marie not to tell them about the times they'd spent together and it took all her power not to lay down at Thomas' feet and thank him over and over. She would give her life for him as he'd saved hers once.

"Are you okay, Marie?" Thomas asked. Everyone else had wanted to question her wellbeing after they'd noticed her strange behaviour, but no one dared to. "You're acting a little different..."

Marie's eyes widened slightly as she looked at Thomas. "I'm good. I'm fine. I just.. I had a memory. It's not important though. I remembered some of the stuff they did to us as kids. It's nothing. I'm just.. adjusting." She answered. She closed her eyes for a few seconds before laying on one of the beds. Soon the room filled with the sound of her slow breaths of sleep.

Minho sighed and hopped up next to Marie, wrapping his arms loosely around her in a careful manner. The felt her hands lightly grip the soft fabric of his shirt and smiled slightly, closing his eyes too.

"We should all sleep. We'll figure out what they did to her in the morning." Newt suggested. Everyone agreed as they headed to their bunks.

Minho kept his eyes on Marie, who seemed to be in a deep sleep of sorts. He watched the expressions on her face change, almost as if she was having a nightmare. When he realised that she most definitely was having a nightmare, he woke her up as the rest slept.

"Rie, are you okay? Hey, shh, it's okay. It's just a nightmare." He reassured her. He watched her eyes flutter open as the scared look on her face faded. Their eyes met and Marie's eyes filled with tears. She started crying and held tightly onto Minho, as if someone would burst into the room just then and pull them apart again. She couldn't stand the thought of that so she gripped him tightly.

Minho noticed how scared she seemed and whispered comforting things to her.

She pulled at his shirt slightly, showing her the slight scar she knew would be there. She already knew what it was going to say when it was scanned.

Property of WICKED. Subject A7.
The leader.

She frowned, and cried a little more as it was just confirmation of what she has remembered. What they did.

Proved that time could go and she stayed the same. She still referred to the workers as They or Them. She still hated them.

"Minho? You know I'd die for you, right?" Marie whispered. Minho seemed surprised by the statement.

"Where'd that come from? What did they do?" Minho asked.

"What I remembered wasn't pretty. Just know I'd die for you. I'd die for Tewie too. And Thomas. Did I ever tell you about what Thomas did for me? What I remembered in the Glade?" Marie wondered.

"No, you didn't. What did he do for you?" Minho replied.

"He saved my life, he did." Marie started, looking at Thomas. She nodded slightly. "I was supposed to be sent to a different Maze. A faulty one. To die. He messed with things and made sure I got to you." She explained.

"He did?" Minho questioned.

"Yeah, he did." Marie spoke softly.

"As wonderful as it is to now know why you look at Tommy as if he's a bloody god, can you two please shut up? I want to sleep. I woke up when Marie was crying but then you kept talking. Thank the lords for Tommy and all but please shut it." Newt's voice rang out from one of the beds. Marie chuckled slightly.

"Sorry, Tewie. We'll shut up." Marie answered, fighting the urge to say 'love you' to him as she did when they were kids. Her sad eyes trailed the room again before she fell asleep again, Minho watching her lovingly for a minute before falling asleep too.

It was peaceful.