6

The next morning Minho and Marie headed out into the Maze together. She got some help getting there from Minho, who was really against her even going into the Maze. She took his stuff for him and hopped on his back.

"This isn't really such a good idea." Minho commented.

"Well, I am not staying in the glade all day." Marie told Minho as she jumped off his back. She cringed a little at the pain in her ankle but tried not to make it noticeable.

"Nope. We're taking you back to the gardens. Newt can take care of you. I'm not having you run around if it still hurts." Minho picked her back up and ran back out of the Maze, straight to the gardens.

"Ankle not better yet?" Newt questioned.

"No. Take good care of her Newt. I'll throw you back in the Maze of you don't." Minho wanted before slowly letting Marie down and running off.

"I don't want him to dump me here. I wanna go run again." Marie huffed.

"You'll be better soon. Just help around as much as you can. I won't judge you if you rest. I know you don't want to but Minho has been more protective since yesterday like lunch time." Newt commented.

"Tewie, he's fine. He is normal." Marie replied.

"No, he's dating you." Newt chuckled.

"No, he's- wait what?" Marie asked.

"You two are trying to be sneaky, you think I don't know? I already know you two must've confessed lunch time yesterday. Gotta be more careful about it. I know that you and Minho must've dated before  the Maze. There is no reason for you two to make it up. It also explains the instant connection. I believe that if there's such a thing as being destined for someone, you and Minho are the perfect example. You were wiped from each other's memory and found each other again and stayed with each other again." Newt explained.

"Tewie?"

"Yeah?"

"What do you think is on the other side of these walls?" Marie asked.

"I don't know. Whatever used to be home I guess." Newt shrugged.

"I think it's tragedy. That's all I remember from before it. Struggles and tragedy. Why do I remember that? Why don't you others remember things like that?" Marie questioned.

"I don't know, Marie. I really don't know." Newt sighed. The two then carried on working, Maire taking several breaks because of her ankle. She wished she had been more careful and less impulsive but she couldn't change the past. If she could, she knew she would never have let anyone take Minho in the first place.

"We need to find this kid fast. She won't stop screaming without him."

"No! Bring him back! Te-"

"Hey, you okay?" Newt asked. Marie shook her head and was brought back from her memory.

"I think I was going to say Tewie." She breathed. Newt was confused.

"What are you on about?"

"They.. they needed to find 'this kid' so I would stop screaming. I screamed after closing doors again but this time I wasn't about to say Minho. It began with Te." Marie explained. "Why do I remember this?" She questioned aloud again.

Her and Newt discussed that memory a little before once again getting back to work. Soon enough though, they were called to have lunch. Marie decided she would stay and work, but encouraged Newt to go eat. Once the gardens had cleared out she lay on her back in the grass.

Out of all people, why did she have to be the one to remember? She felt like she almost didn't belong in the glade. Though Minho was here she still felt almost misplaced.

Her long hair was sprawled on the ground around her head as she lay there thinking. It was quite warm that day.

"Not even coming to get some food from your best friend?" She heard someone ask.

"Sorry Fry. I needed to think over this memory thing. I'm the only one who remembers other people, well except Minho suddenly remembering me. It's weird. Almost like there's supposed to be some sort of order here and I shouldn't be a part of it." She admitted.

"Well, you're here anyway. I think there's a reason. Whatever it is that placed us here maybe didn't mean for you to be here with us too, but you found your way back to Minho. I think that could be reason enough. Anyway, I brought you some food. Eat up. You can't work here on an empty stomach." Frypan passed her some food before trudging back to the Homestead.

She started wondering again, would the next Greenie also remember things he shouldn't? Would it even be a He? Surely if she was misplaced he would. Shouting was heard in the distance, so the girl stood up to see what was going on. It seemed like a fight. She ran down there on her bad ankle so see Justin attacking Newt.

"He's been stung." Alby declared. "Must be why he didn't show up at dinner last night."

"Get the shuck off Tewie!" Marie yelled before kicking Justin in the face. Some of the boys rushed to hold him down as she helped Newt up.

"You okay, Tewie?" She asked.

"Yeah. Thanks, by the way." Newt smiled sadly.

The guys who'd held Justin down then threw him in the pit. Yet, Marie was curious so she went over there once everyone was working again. 

"Justin, why are you like this?" But she didn't really get an answer. He just kept huffing and puffing.

She left once she realised talking to him was pointless and headed towards Minho's mapping room in the forest. She still didn't really want to work.

She sat down in there just waiting for herself to understand something, like maybe Why this was going on.

"Woah, how come you're in here?" Minho asked as he came into the Mapping room.

"Thinking." She replied.

"Rie, did you remember something more?" Minho healed down next to her.

"Yeah. And I'm starting to feel like whatever put us here, made a mistake when I got sent here.."