Mr kingston's Roommate|02

Start from the beginning

But, unfortunately, there are no more available rooms in the Freshman dorms. Considering the fact that so many other students have gone through this, they too have been assigned to other dorms so those are filled as well. The only available room we have is in the Co-ed dorm."

Co-ed dorm? Seriously? I read on their website that they've implemented an experimental trial where co-ed dorm rooms are no longer just opposite sex living beside one another but you can now share a dorm with the opposite sex. It's a trial and completely consensual so anyone 18 and older are allowed to apply. It's crazy, but again this is a new "modern" college that is trying too hard to appeal to this generation.

"Is the room a single or?" I trailed off.

"Well, no. The only available room we have is a one-bedroom suite. So, for now, you'll have to share it with a roommate until we can fix this problem. I'll let you settle in for a little while whilst we talk to the current resident and see if he will allow you to remain there for some time. Do not worry, he's a pretty understanding individual."

He? HE? I can't go back home and there aren't any rooms left. What the hell have I gotten myself into? "A-are you sure that's the only available room?" She nodded her head, "positive."

When she was done explaining the entire situation to me, she handed me a key card and directed me to the Co-ed building. "I'll call you down to the office once we've stabilized the matter." She said.

I didn't have much to say seeing as I was in a complete state of shock. When I got there and I climbed into the elevator, it took much breathing to keep my heart at a steady pace. "Hey, could you hold the door for me!?"

I shoved my hand through the space between the door, allowing the person to quickly climb inside. Once I had collected myself, I stared up at him and froze as our eyes met. The guy standing beside me was tall, a little on the slender side with golden-brown hair hovering above his shoulders that appeared to be so silky, I was tempted to run my hands through it.

His arms were littered with an array of tattoos that seemed to amplify his handsomeness and his brown eyes wavered over my face with a glow I couldn't quite put my finger on. "You don't look too bad yourself," he said in a low British accent. My eyes widened at the realization that I had been gawking at him all this time. "The name is Peter and yours?"

"Leila."

"Hmm," he mused, "can I call you Lei?" Uhm, what the hell?

"My boyfriend calls me that." I don't know if he's hitting on me but I'm not taking any chances. Just as I said that the doors slid open, halting on his floor. "Well, I think we can fix that." He said pompously as he fished something out of his pocket. It was a small stack of sticky notes along with a pen.

He scribbled something down onto it quickly while holding the door open with his leg and then placed it in the palm of my hand. "Call me sometime, miss I have a boyfriend." He winked as he climbed out, disappearing down the hallway. What's wrong with this College? Why are everyone and everything so questionable?

I rolled my eyes and slipped the paper into my pocket with no intention of calling him. Once I got to my floor, I stepped out and made my way toward the dorm room. They said this is only temporary. I won't be here for long so let's just get this over with. 

I unlocked the door and hesitantly stepped inside.

My mouth parted in awe at the sight before me. I could already tell that this roommate of mine had already settled in. The king-sized bed had already been made, and the drapes hovering before the glass windows were tied to the side, allowing the bright glow of the sun to adorn the white walls of the room.