XXXVII

I wake up to a weight on top of me and gentle kisses being littered along my neck.

A grin spreads across my cheek as I arouse.

"Viccy, what are you doing?" I giggle.

"Waking you up." he whispers.

My eyes crack open and I'm met with my boyfriend's goofy smile. I notice that it's still dark though.

"What time is it?" I yawn.

"It's about four in the morning. I want to take you somewhere." he mumbles, kissing my neck again.

"At this time?" I ask confused.

"It's really special. I wanted Mama and Papa to be asleep." he explains.

"Okay." I whisper. Vic climbs off me and I get up out of bed, stretching as I do so.

"How long have you been up?" I ask, noting that he's quite awake.

"I never really slept." he shrugs. "Don't worry about changing or shoes."

I frown confused but nod. He takes my hand then we creak through the silent house and downstairs. We go outside and get into Vic's car. He pulls off and winds the window down, seeing as its a warm night.

I look out the window for entire drive just lost in thought.

Yesterday was the best day. Just being able to be with Vic and not have to act like I wasn't completely head over heels for him was so relieving. And Vic was so happy the entire day. Everyone was.

Mama did get mad at the man from school when she was on the phone. She even threatened to sue them because they claimed they had no idea that Vic was being bullied.

Then Mama got mad again, this time at Jenna for not telling her about Vic's self harming and suicide attempt. But she forgave Jenna.

But after that Mama was overjoyed for the rest of the day and we even went out to a nice restaurant to celebrate Vic coming out, which Vic thought was ridiculous but I think he deserved it.

Mama and Papa kept 'aww'ing at us and telling us that we reminded them of themselves when they were younger.

It was honestly my favourite day so far in all my life but I know they'll just keep getting better.

"You okay, Kells?" Vic asks, probably because I'm not talking.

"I'm fine. Just happy." I sigh.

"Me too, bub." he smiles.

We soon arrive at the beach and I'm confused.

"Hold on," he tells me as he gets out of the car.

I stay put until he comes around my side, opens my door and picks me up. I giggle and he closes the door with his hip before we begin walking to Vic's special place. When we walk through all the trees, we find the peer but blankets and pillows have been laid out and there's candles and a lantern, creating light.

Vic carries me over and sits me down on a pile of pillows. I notice that lantern and the candles are battery operated, probably for safety purposes.

"Babe, you didn't have to do all this." I breathe.

"Of course I did." he chirps. He then pulls a picnic basket out from behind a pillow. He opens it and pulls out chocolate coated strawberries.

Vic hands me one and I eat it excitedly. He stares at me adoringly through the dim light.

"Vic, stop staring at me." I blush.

"I can't. You're so beautiful." he whispers.

I finish my strawberry then climb onto Vic's lap so I'm straddling him. He watches me as I pick up a strawberry and feed it to him. I lick the chocolate off his lip when he's finished and he stares at me with now lustful eyes. I pick up another strawberry and giggle as I smear some chocolate on his neck. He chuckles lowly as I push his hair our of the way. I lean in and lick the chocolate from his neck which makes a breathy moan leave his mouth.