X

A brand new week, everything's all the same. I'm doing fine at school, nothing's changed at the Fuentes home and Vic's still not talking to me, in fact he's avoiding me completely.

I walk downstairs to the dining room where breakfast is already being served. Vic's already eating his toast and my favorite cereal, Reece's Puffs has already been poured into a bowl. I go and sit down next to Vic but I don't even glance at him. It's not like he'd be looking at me anyway.

"Morning Kell." Mama smiles but I'm too upset to smile back.

"Morning." I mumble quietly.

I notice Papa give me a worried look but I ignore it and just eat my breakfast. He leans over and whispers something to Mama.

After Vic and I had finished eating we stand up and begin to leave the room but Mama stops me.

"Kellin, can I talk to you for a minute?" She asks and I nod, gulping. I hope I'm not in any trouble.

Vic leaves the room, leaving me with Mama and Papa.

"You seem a little down these past few days. Is there something you want to talk about?" She asks and I feel tears build up in my eyes.

"Vic's not talking to me and I'm not sure what I did wrong." I sniff.

"Oh honey, did you two have a fight or something?" She asks and I shake my head.

"No. We were all okay then he just started ignoring me." I explain.

"Like we said Kell, he gets like this sometimes. It's no ones fault." Papa says in a calming tone

"But it feels directed at me." I mumble.

"Even if it is directed at you, don't worry too much about it. It's probably nothing. He'll come good." Papa explains ruffling my hair.

I smile and nod.

"We're going out of town to see some family so we won't be home when you get back from school. We'll be back around dinner time. If you need anything, I've left our numbers in the fridge and you can use the landline to call us." She explains and I nod.

"Okay." I murmur.

"Okay, you have a good day at school Honey." Mama smiles before kissing my head.

I say goodbye to her and Papa then go out to the car where Vic is waiting. I get in the car and we begin driving silently. The silence is what starts my stream of tears. I look out the window and let them fall. I miss talking to Vic and I miss him talking to me. I don't feel safe without him constantly comforting me and it's putting me on edge.

I feel Vic's hand slide over my thigh making me look towards him. He's watching me sadly as he rubs my thigh comfortingly. I let out a shaky breath and wipe my eyes.

"Stop crying, you're too gorgeous for all these tears." Vic mumbles and my stomach does a really big flippy thing.

"Gorgeous?" I sniff.

He doesn't reply and he drives the rest of the way in silence, though he doesn't stop rubbing my leg, not once.

No one has ever called me gorgeous before. Not many people have even complimented me before, let alone someone as...attractive as Vic. I shouldn't be thinking of him as attractive. He likes girls.

When we get to school, we get out of the car and Vic says goodbye. He walks off and and I go into the hall where my locker is. I only have one class without Vic's and that's art. I have that class right now. It's a pretty easy class so I don't have to worry about Vic not being there. I enjoy it but I tend to miss Vic a lot. I guess it is a good thing because I should learn to rely on myself a bit more because it doesn't seem like Vic cares about me anymore.