XXX

Wow the Roman's were kinky af.

Please ignore me.

--

"We're going to sit in and just watch over the first part of the hearing just so you know what's going on, okay?" Taylor explains.

"I don't think I'm ready, Tay." I whimper.

"You are, Kells. You've got this. There's a bunch of people here keeping you safe. You see that man over there, the one with the big muscles," she says pointing to a scary looking man waiting by the entrance to the courthouse. He's very muscular and serious looking. "he's a security guard. There's at least twenty more men and women like him that are here to keep you and everyone else safe."

I feel a lot better after hearing that.

"You know neither Vivian nor I would ever let anything happen to you." Papa says and I nod.

He's right. And neither would Vic. If Vic thought that I would be in danger then he would never have let me come here.

"Are you ready, kiddo?" Papa asks and I nod.

We go through the door into a room where there's a lot of chairs. Taylor, Papa and I take a seat at the back of the room. There's an African-American man at the front of the room, sitting behind a tall bench with a small hammer in front of him. On either side of him there is an empty chair.

At the front of the rows of chairs, there's a women sitting in a seat with Jordan sitting beside him.

"Who's that girl with Jordan?" I ask Taylor.

"That's your lawyer. She is the best we could find. She's very good at what she does." Taylor explains. "She's the lady I was telling you about. She's going to be asking you a lot of questions. And that man sitting over there," she points to the other side of the isle, "he's your parents lawyer, he'll also be asking questions."

I nod and wipe my sweaty hands on my pants.

At that moment a door opens from across the room and in bright orange jumpsuits and handcuffs, my parents enter. They're being escorted by police officers.

I grab Papa's arm and bury my face in his shoulder.

"They can't get to you, Kells." Papa tells me.

"I know. They're just scary." I whisper.

"You have no reason to be scared them anymore. They should be scared of you." he says and I look at him confused.

"Why should they be scared of me?" he frowns slightly.

"Because you're going to be the reason they're going to prison for the rest of their lives." he says and I start to feel bad.

"But that will ruin their lives." I frown.

Tay sighs and squeezes my shoulder.

"Kellin, they ruined your life, remember? Think about all the horrible things they've ever done to you. Think about how they make you feel. Think about all the pain and all the wounds they've inflicted on you." she says.

I do what she tells me and can't help but to start crying.

"I don't want to see them ever again." I choke out.

"You won't have to after today. They'll be put away for life. You just to remember all the things we've been through. Run them by me, what are they?" Tay asks.

"Um, answer each question honestly. Tell them if I don't understand. Only speak when spoken to. Remember that I'm the victim, I've done nothing wrong. Call a break if I need it. Remember that I'm safe and I'm loved." I answer, repeating the things that I've been learning for the last few months.