XVIII

I keep staring at Vic. I can't help it. He calms me down and I'm freaking out so much.

"Kellin stop staring at me." Vic snaps and I nod frowning.

He flashes me a gentle look letting me know that he's not actually mad at me.

"Relax." He mouths and I nod taking a few breaths.

"Sweetie, what's the matter?" Mama asks from the passenger seat.

"Scared." I whisper.

"Why're you scared?" Mama murmurs.

"Strangers." I whisper. "Don't want to talk to strangers."

"Everyone's a stranger at first Kellin. You have to get to know people. If you had never spoken to any of us then we'd still be strangers." Papa explains making a good point.

"Yeah. I guess you're right." I smile. "I'll give it a go."

Vic flashes me a comforting smile which immediately calms me down. I really want to kiss him but I can't. He's so addictive.

I don't know why he's so important to me. He makes me so happy and just complete. I never knew what I was missing out on when it comes to relationships, Vic in particular. But now I never want to give this up. I hope I'll never have to. I hope we'll get married and live happily ever after forever.

The car stops as we pull up in front of a building. It looks like a medical centre but smaller and there's pretty flowers outside.

"Papa," I whisper as he shuts off the engine.

"Yeah Kells." He replies.

"Does everyone go to therapy or am I just going because of my parents?" I ask, still not completely understanding why I'm here.

"A little bit of both." Papa begins to explain. "You are here mainly because of your parents but that doesn't mean that everyone doesn't go to therapy. Most people go to therapy at some stage in their lives. I've even been. It's completely normal to need to talk to a professional."

I nod with a smile feeling a lot more comfortable at his words.

"Okay. I think I'm ready." I murmur.

I see Vic give me a proud look out of the corner of my eyes just making me feel even better. I follow Mama and Papa out of the car and into the building as Vic trails behind us.

There's something wrong with Vic, I noticed earlier when he was quiet at breakfast. He's also been speaking in monotone all day. He's doing well at hiding it though. But not from me. I can tell there's something wrong. I really hope he's okay.

When we enter, we sit down as Papa goes up to the counter much like what happened at the doctors.

"They said to send him right in." Papa chirps returning.

Mama stands up so I do the same. Vic just stays seated.

"We'll be back in an hour to pick you up. I'm going to get some groceries, would you like me to pick you up anything?" She asks and I shake my head. "Okay. Remember that it's okay to talk to the man, he's only there to help you."

I nod and she ruffles my hair.

"Come on, lets go meet him." She whispers and I nod as she takes my hand and I nervously follow her into a room.

A man look up from behind a desk and stands up with a friendly smile on his face. He comes over to us and I take a step back not feeling all that comfortable being so close to him. Mama squeezes my hand comfortingly to let me know that I'm okay.