"Have you seen Jin-hyung? He texted me and said he needs help."

"Mmm, I don't really know, Chim. Namjoon is outside. Maybe you can ask him instead."

Jimin nodded and kissed Yoongi one more time, his plush lips a delicious sensation against Yoongi's. And with that, the boy went skipping towards the door to look for Namjoon. 

Yoongi watched him as he went, his heart beating faster each second when he realized what he was about to do. Jimin did not have any idea at all how Yoongi just loved him. If he only knew what would take place. If he only knew that Yoongi would make himself as the sacrificial lamb just to have a clear conversation with the said boy's dad.

Running his hand through his hair, Yoongi exhaled loudly. It took all the effort to actually force his feet tot move towards the kitchen where he knew Jimin's dad was alone. He stepped into the room and cleared his throat, effectively drawing the attention of Z.

"Oh!" the older man said with a smile on his face. "To what pleasure do I owe your visit, son?"

Yoongi tried his best not to flush at the word 'son'. Because really, he should not be blushing at something so trivial.

"I- uh... Just wanted to talk about something important, Jaehwa-ssi..." his voice cracked a little. Damn.

The man smiled even more. "Just call me dad, Yoongi."

Yoongi blinked owlishly.

And no, he did not blush.

"U-umm... Da-"

"You're not going to call me Dad-ssi, are you?" Z asked with a chuckle, effectively summoning a blush from him.

Oh wait.

Strike that. No, he did not blush.

"Aw, look at you," Z gushed with a chuckle. He didn't sound taunting or teasing. Simply...fond. It would've made Yoongi very uncomfortable except for the fact that he was already used having this kind of attention from Y. That man seemed to think that Yoongi was a ball of fluff when it wasn't the case at all.

"You look so adorable," Z continued, confirming Yoongi's suspicions. Z and Y were indeed best friends.

"Uh, thanks..." This had been the most awkward position he had been in. Yoongi hoped he could survive this ordeal.

An awkward silence fell in the kitchen, in which Yoongi was looking everywhere but at Z while the older man was smiling. His eyes were turned upwards like two crescent moons. The eyesmile was very similar to Jimin's.

Nothing productive will happen if you'll just stand there awkwardly, Min Yoongi!

And so, trying to summon his nonexistant courage again, Yoongi finally looked up and met Z's imploring gaze. His eyes were curious and the boy just hoped that he looked fine at that moment lest his father-in-law decided he was too ugly for his son.

"I want to talk about something important," he said, finally opening his mouth.

Z tilted his head in thought, then gestured to the chairs. Yoongi blinked dumbly until he realized that the man wanted them to take a seat. Ugh, he looked so stupid right now. He wasn't like this!

The two of them finally took their seats, with Yoongi subtly angling the chair so he didn't have to face the man fully. "I'm all ears, son."

Son.

"I just..." Yoongi started, but obviously failed. He fumbled with the ring on his finger and hastily stretched out his right arm with the palm turned upwards, revealing the ring that once possessed the most dangerous data in the world. "This is yours, so it will only be right to give it back to you."