- 54 -

"Tae," Jungkook called.

The older boy who was busy forming a rubics cube that Jungkook had no idea where he got looked up. Taehyung flashed his box smile at him, making Jungkook's heart skip a beat for some odd reason. But it's not really odd. He's already used to it and he had stopped wondering about it ever since middle school. It was like a natural feeling for him now.

"Tae, did you cry?" he asked in concern.

The moment he woke up, the first thing he noticed was that Taehyung did not have that usual morning smile and cheekiness. Jungkook had been with Taehyung for as long as he could remember and he knew the other boy too well. It meant that Tae was either sad or in a bad mood.

Not just that, he also noticed that the boy's eyelids was kinda bloated or puffed. It's not something that one could easily see since it's not that obvious, but Jungkook had been staring at that beautiful face for a long time now. Taehyung had cried, and he applied ice in order to hide the evidence, he was sure of it.

Jungkook would not be fooled, though.

Taehyung blinked at him, before sticking his tongue out. "I'm not telling you, Kookie."

"Yah!" he said, indignant that the older boy would not tell him. He pulled silly Taehyung towards him and wrapped his arms around the boy, trapping him there. Taehyung only continued to smile at him. "Why were you crying? Did something happened?"

Taehyung sighed, but he still had that smile on his face. The smile did not reach his eyes though, making Jungkook worry even more. "I'm just thinking about a few things..."

"Care to tell me what are these things?" Jungkook said softly, trying to pry Taehyung open as gently as possible.

The other boy only pouted at him. "I don't want to."

Clicking his tongue disapprovingly, Jungkook pressed their heads together and stared straight at Taehyung who was going cross-eyed with their proximity. "Please?"

"Okay...but don't laugh at me!"

Jungkook smiled warmly. Sometimes he felt like he was the older one between them. Taehyung was just too adorable. "Just when did I laugh at you?"

"Mmm, you're right..."

"So, will you tell me now?" he tried again, still in a soft tone.

Taehyung sighed before leaning back and putting his hands on Jungkook's shoulders. Jungkook, who was wrapping his arms around the other boy's waist, tightened his hold. "I was thinking about our Jiminie."

"Hm. What about Jimin-hyung?"

Taehyung glanced uncertainly at Jungkook. "I just realized that...Jimin is in danger. I just realized how awful the situation is and that my Jiminie might get hurt eventually. That...he might...get ki-"

"Aish. Kim Taehyung!" Jungkook whined. He didn't want to hear what Taehyung was about to say. It's scary. It's scary because Tae was damn right. It could happen. "Stop thinking about that, okay? Nothing's gonna happen. You've seen Yoongi-hyung and the others fight. All of them are good. They will protect Jimin. We both know that."

At this point, Taehyung did not meet his eyes, but instead stared at an empty space beside Jungkook's head. His eyes were distant as he said in a soft and equally distant voice, "But you never know what tomorrow brings..."

It pained Jungkook. It made his heart feel heavy as if an elephant stepped on it. He's scared shitless because although the agents might be good, Taehyung was right. Anything could happen. All they could do was hope for the best and prepare as much as possible.